What did you do to your TJ today?

Can you snap me a pic? What did you do with your old one? How’s the condition of it?
Sure can, I’ll take some comparison pics later today for ya. Old one is in good shape, latches without issue, but of my buddies has already claimed it. If he changes his mind on it I’ll let you know tho!

Reactions: TRE3TOP
Stopped by the local feed store and bought a 50lb bag of dog food, and 4 40lb bags of lime for the garden.
20220211_154843_copy_800x600.jpg

Can you snap me a pic? What did you do with your old one? How’s the condition of it?
I couldn’t find my measuring tape, but I tried my best to do a side by side comparison of the OEM box and the Tuffy box. The Tuffy box pocket is slightly smaller than the OEM one, but I also don’t keep much in my glove box to begin with. I’ve also seen some YouTube videos where people have demonstrated the size of the glove box pocket, but I don’t have those links. Hope this helps!
A6DCBB96-4A89-4894-BA37-4019145EC58B.jpeg
10163BFC-0BB6-42FA-A231-EC201529BD63.jpeg
2B49E153-025F-4C16-9DAB-0FBB9F295A13.jpeg

I couldn’t find my measuring tape, but I tried my best to do a side by side comparison of the OEM box and the Tuffy box. The Tuffy box pocket is slightly smaller than the OEM one, but I also don’t keep much in my glove box to begin with. I’ve also seen some YouTube videos where people have demonstrated the size of the glove box pocket, but I don’t have those links. Hope this helps!
View attachment 309058View attachment 309059View attachment 309060
It does thank you. Are you happy with it? Worth the $170?

With temps hitting 60 here in the NE, gave her a much needed bath. Was forced into bringing the Jeep out of winter hibernation for a few days while the wife’s car was down last week. Can’t wait for temps to get back to top down/half door weather.
57AD1B57-8811-44D9-B01C-DBFC4D1E7F3A.jpeg

It does thank you. Are you happy with it? Worth the $170?
So far, yes, I’m pretty happy with it. I drove around today, and there were no rattles, and having the extra security of a Tuffy rather than the OEM glove box which can be easily broken into gives me some peace of mind.

Reactions: TRE3TOP and L J
So far, yes, I’m pretty happy with it. I drove around today, and there were no rattles, and having the extra security of a Tuffy rather than the OEM glove box which can be easily broken into gives me some peace of mind.
My PO installed a Tuffy glove box. I'm indifferent about it. Rattles like a SOB. Have to keep a folded towel jammed in it to keep sane. Need to figure out how to adjust it.

-Mac

My PO installed a Tuffy glove box. I'm indifferent about it. Rattles like a SOB. Have to keep a folded towel jammed in it to keep sane. Need to figure out how to adjust it.

-Mac
I read some reviews that talked about tattling. I think I also read somewhere that Tuffy redesigned it at one point to make it rattle less, but I’m not sure. I believe the instructions that I have say to try bending the latch bar at the top of the opening to see if you can snug it up a bit more if there’s rattling or a gap.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
The part you bought off Amazon, was it the metal bar or the quick-release mount, or both?

If it was the bar, would you have a link or product name to search?
The quick release mount I bought off Amazon, I used a piece of metal I had to attach it to the two seat studs so it would flip with the seat and is low enough for the seat to slide all the way forward. The bar is a bent piece 3/4” on one leg and 1” on the other. A piece of angle iron would work.

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan