What did you do to your TJ today?

I look shiny now.

Went from this
winch003.jpg

Too this
winch005.jpg

Now I has a spare fairlead.

I will do smoke test after work tomorrow and post back
Success, and inspection passed! Have no clue as to what was the issue. Went to go the wife some lunch and while I was in line at the fast food place, the check engine light went out all on its own. Dropped her lunch off and went and got it inspected. Stopped and bought a couple of lottery tickets on the way home too. Figured what the hell, can’t hurt.

Success, and inspection passed! Have no clue as to what was the issue. Went to go the wife some lunch and while I was in line at the fast food place, the check engine light went out all on its own. Dropped her lunch off and went and got it inspected. Stopped and bought a couple of lottery tickets on the way home too. Figured what the hell, can’t hurt.
I’m surprised all the Im monitors were cleared

Changed my oil a couple of weeks on my 97/4.0/AX-15 ago to Napa high mileage/filter aka Wix-ish... definitely have a RMS leak.

Not only did it not fix the issue...and I wasn't expecting much...but after we get the Jeep down the trail and good and warmed up...granted no more than 210 water temp...and 60 degrees out...oil pressure is dropping to zero at idle. Let it cool off a bit and we get 10. Runs 40 plus PSI at anything but idle.

Still waiting for my walker replacement header to cat pipe...was planning to swap that, the RMS and the oil at the same time...now I am contemplating ordering a Melling normal volume/PSI oil pump because if I have the pan down might as well swap the part... obviously will be looking at the bearing when doing the RMS.

Going to order the Pennzoil...can't find it in town.

Need to do some research...think I want an oil temperature gauge.

Chassis mileage is 222k miles... allegedly a rebuilt/refreshed motor at some point according to the PO...and short of frequent misfire codes that mostly went away with an Accel cap and rotor I believe it.

-Mac
I am going to give the Napa High-Mileage a shot at the next oil change.

well I got the Hopkins wiring harness in today, while I was under there running the wires to the front, I found THIS: please tell me this is an easy fix

View attachment 309734
Well, I'm new to Jeeps, TJs, and the 4.0, and I haven't messed with that area on my LJ, yet, so take my advice with more than a grain of salt. On most vehicles I've messed with, that's just a dust cover, it's not sealed. The rear main seal on the engine and the front main seal on the transmission are what keeps "stuff" out of both. If it were mine, I'd loosen the two screws on either side of the bend just enough to allow the cover to "float" under the screws. I'd then take a long screwdriver, place it vertical, handle-side down, just behind that cover and in front of the oil pan, and leverage the cover as flat as I could get it. Then, tighten the screws and call it good. If, because Jeeps are known to be run through mudholes, the engineers put a seal there, disregard what I just wrote. Looking at the parts manual for my 2005 LJ, there is no seal there. Not sure about your 2000...

Swapped out my oversprayed old school headlights. PO MJ'd the Jeep (and yeah that's note a woke statement...but it was OEM black until it got Maaco bombed white...looks good when socially distancing or in it's normal state of covered in mud.) Tomorrow I might pull the chrome rings and spray em black...I think this is the only chrome left...

IMG_20220214_150417216_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RINC