What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally more or less finished my switch panel. For now anyway. The blue one is the rear wiper/washer, the push button is the defogger. This was my first attempt at fabrication, finally got to use the harbor freight brake I had bought a year ago but never used.
520DE139-00B2-4078-A86F-2DEDE2798913.jpeg

5116CF3C-D3E8-4DF9-B75E-288356828396.jpeg

Thanks, Yes, I painted them. Couldn't really find any aftermarket wheels I was in love with, without spending $300/wheel. Found the Canyons on Facebook for $100. Wasn't sure if I would like the black, but thought it was worth a try. Can't say I'm in love with them either, but think they turned out and look decent.
Ya they look right for the jeep… wheels are tough IMO… you either spend 2 grand on some walkers that look awesome.. or you spend a few hundred on some cheap wheels that look o -k.. you did good

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and TRE3TOP
Finally more or less finished my switch panel. For now anyway. The blue one is the rear wiper/washer, the push button is the defogger. This was my first attempt at fabrication, finally got to use the harbor freight brake I had bought a year ago but never used. View attachment 314552

View attachment 314553
Dam.. the last picture made me feel like I was in a strip club😂

I replaced the lower half of my steering shaft. Pretty simple swap. Had to use the old bearing which wasn’t in the best shape, but I soaked it in PB blaster and then cleaned it up good and then covered it in red and tacky grease. Definitely tightened up my steering. Now onto the next project, frame patch, tranny mount, and brake lines. Probably check out the transfer case and transmission while I’m welding up the center skids on the frame too

I started dealing with my horribly misaligned doors that I occasionally put on for windy days in the surf.
They have been getting regular shots of PB Blaster the last couple days, which did zero good on the sh!tty screws that were on the ugly chrome hinges. I hit them with the propane torch, which led to some burnt paint on the door. Fine, I needed to do some rust repair and painting there. I broke a couple drill bits and bunged up some threads. Only got one side sort of done. That's fine, some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.
On that note, does anyone happen to know the pitch of the door screws? They seemed like sort of 5/16-18, sort of M10 something. Probably NPT for all I know.

Reactions: John Cooper
Finally more or less finished my switch panel. For now anyway. The blue one is the rear wiper/washer, the push button is the defogger. This was my first attempt at fabrication, finally got to use the harbor freight brake I had bought a year ago but never used. View attachment 314552

View attachment 314553
yeah, but like, what do the other four do?

Took my winch to the starter/alternator shop. He said it needs new coils and it would probably be about $150. I can order a stator for $98, but am torn on just dumping it and getting a good winch later on.

• Sad
Reactions: Fonz54
A/C system vacuum controls troubleshooting.....
The vents would partially shift from panel to defrost when driving.
Removed the glove compartment door assembly to access the vacuum connector for the green, black, yellow, blue, brown and red vacuum tubing which controls the damper actuators.
Used a MityVac to apply vacuum to the black line which is the vacuum source; the line holds 15"Hg, which means the check valve is working, tested the floor, panel and recirc actuators which also hold vacuum, but I did find the clear spacer inside the connector was not sealing properly. I applied a dab of dielectric grease to the nipples inside the connector and that appears to have corrected the problem.

yeah, but like, what do the other four do?

They're all wired into a relay box under the hood, so they can do whatever, obviously. Currently, 2 are wired to LED pods, the others don't have anything yet. There are 4 more holes drilled below those that you can't really see. 2 will be for my e-lockers if those ever decide to ship again. In cab winch control is in my future, and it gets hot in Texas on the trails, and I've got a couple of 12V fans I think I might wire in. Really I thought my e-lockers were not far away so I wanted to have all that ready, and built it with expansion in mind. Almost certainly overkill, but underkill would've just pissed me off later.

Plus I think it looks cool. I do have a new appreciation for 12Vguy. The fabrication of the panel is easy. It's optimally routing the wires & relays to make it all neat. I tried hard, and have it looking clean on the backside, but when I mounted it, it's basically all just crammed in there.