What did you do to your TJ today?

View attachment 315507
View attachment 315508

And the rear:

View attachment 315509

The foam rings direct sound out through the grilles, keeping it from being lost inside the dash. The difference was so noticeable that I had to adjust the fader control a click rearward. The holes, front and rear, allow the speakers to breathe - they're not tuned, but they keep the speaker from alternately compressing and rarefying the air inside the enclosure. There *are* ways to have a completely sealed enclosure, but I don't know enough, etc, etc.. An A/B comparison with the rears (using my thumb to block the port) showed much better sound - when the port was blocked, the sound energy was transferred to the enclosure itself making a rather bad rumbley rattle. YMMV and all that.
Are you using foam baffles and the foam rings or just the rings?

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
Installed/applied/stuck on/? Can't think of the right thing I did. Put the Bedrug tailgate mat on. What a piece of crap. It comes with velcro, but not enough. Had to trim around the tailgate latch. I removed the two cover plates on the gate, then spray painted black around them so the yellow could not be seen aroung the covers. I'm going to remove it today and spray contact adhesive so I get 100% adheresion.....Buyer/installer beware

IMG_1413.jpeg

Installed/applied/stuck on/? Can't think of the right thing I did. Put the Bedrug tailgate mat on. What a piece of crap. It comes with velcro, but not enough. Had to trim around the tailgate latch. I removed the two cover plates on the gate, then spray painted black around them so the yellow could not be seen aroung the covers. I'm going to remove it today and spray contact adhesive so I get 100% adheresion.....Buyer/installer beware

View attachment 315515
On mine i just removed the latch covers and the screwed through the bedrug. No cutting required and it helped secure the mat.

81F62661-3D41-4112-9E11-1A89FBA33B8E.jpeg

Yesterday at work since we literally had no cars to work on but were required to be there still, I rolled my Jeep in and finally replaced my leaky valve cover gasket that I had sitting in my rear seat for a month. The old gasket was leaking out the back at cylinder 6 and I got tired of the burning oil smell every time I got out of my Jeep after driving.

Next up are the trackbar and fuel pump and also need to remove the third brake light and rewire it. Power works on the body side, but from the tailgate to the light the wiring has an issue. Appears to have been previously worked on, so I'm just gonna put new wire in and properly fix this issue once and for all.

I do need to get a list of all the bits of the TJ cruise control system so I can track them down and install them. That's a feature I badly want my TJ to have.

IMG_20220312_131039 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20220312_130939.jpg

IMG_20220312_130951.jpg

Your material looks different and no Bedrug logo either. Is it for sure a Bedrug brand?
I have a First Aid Kit and a Roadside kit I'm planning to mount on the tailgate, been thinking of something to put on the inside of the tailgate for them, just not sure what yet. FAK and Roadside Kit are originally from a VW.

I have a First Aid Kit and a Roadside kit I'm planning to mount on the tailgate, been thinking of something to put on the inside of the tailgate for them, just not sure what yet. FAK and Roadside Kit are originally from a VW.
Bartact makes Velcro Molle Strips which work really well on the bedrug tailgate cover or elsewhere. I’ve got it on my tailgate and a few other places to secure things like my winch controls and FAK. https://www.bartact.com/products/mo...-bartact-pat-pend?_pos=1&_sid=3abcff992&_ss=r

(I ended up removing the lug wrench, I don’t trust Velcro that much)

1647191728646.jpeg

CE2DCC04-845E-476A-BD0D-AC417084387D.jpeg

At work I saw a JK tailgate where someone put a Smittybuilt Molle mat across it, non velcro at all. Would need to get some type of straps to put over the Roadside kit to hold it to the Molle, but yeah, putting the FAK beneath my driver's side door is a good place. I like having things secured as much as possible in cars, as I learned in the Army, a roll over can turn a seemingly light item into a deadly item (Plus it just looks nicer in a car where everything has a specific place and is secured).