What did you do to your TJ today?

I have had a vibration problem since installing my Savvy skid over the Fourth of July weekend. After countless pinion angle adjustments and two new Tom Woods driveshafts the only thing that makes them go away is to remove the front driveshaft. So I ordered the Yukon WU-07 Hub kit.

B08C1D39-225E-4C88-BCC5-675A94DD0135.jpeg

After checking parts everything appears to be correct.

The wheels came out real nice, great look. Tell us about the mobile light stand in back (if that's what it is). Seems i can never have enough light when working on projects, that stand is a great idea!

It’s something I found out back at my old shop lol has an 8ft light fixture on it and can be wheeled around anywhere you need. Costco sells some of the best garage lighting though in my opinion. I have 8 of those LED’s on my ceiling. They have motion sensor options, brightness levels, timers etc. and if you catch them on sale they’re only $20 each.

Koda | 46" Motion Sensor & Remote Control Linkable Bay Lighting, 4600 Lumen, 4000K Daylight Linear LED Shop Light for Garages, Workshops, Basements, Hanging Flush Mount, Energy Star Certified https://a.co/d/1XoDTsR

Ok, need a check from the proper forum committee. I didn't actually work on the Jeep, but the projects are Jeep related.
1. Added a trolly rail to my top hoist. Now I can store my hard top out of the way in an area that does not block my project bay and work lights.\\

20220821_135808.jpg

20220813_133834.jpg

20220821_170936.jpg

Then when I am ready, I can slide the top over to the Jeep-bay for easy installation.
20220821_171236.jpg

2. I got a bit of work done on a free stock take off bumper another local Jeeper gave me. I welded shackle mounts to some 3/16 scrap plate I had from my pile, cut holes in the bumper to push the mounts through from behind and then weld it all together. Should be pretty stout. The backing plate is about twice as thick as the bumper and the mounts are set up to match the flat tow bar I got with the Jeep so they will serve double duty.

20220821_171934.jpg

20220821_172046.jpg

20220821_172130.jpg

20220821_172113.jpg

Planning on capping the ends, welding in some capture nuts for the license place and filling in all the extra little holes.... maybe tomorrow....

Bought a 2002 TJ yesterday for no good reason other than that it was a good deal.

Then took a joyride in the 97. Was gonna be a joyride in the new 2002 to help XJ buddy do some stuff, but then my 10 yr old wanted to come with. Unfortunately the new one only currently has 1 seat in it so I had to suck it up and take the "old one." Made the 10yr old do most of the work (installing shocks), plus was glad to have him want to do something other than stare at a screen.

Then stared at the new one in quiet wonder, and ordered some new headlights, a shifter knob, and a sun shade. And found some front seat bases on FB marketplace. Even jeeps that start out cheap end up being expensive.

Bought a 2002 TJ yesterday for no good reason other than that it was a good deal.

Then took a joyride in the 97. Was gonna be a joyride in the new 2002 to help XJ buddy do some stuff, but then my 10 yr old wanted to come with. Unfortunately the new one only currently has 1 seat in it so I had to suck it up and take the "old one." Made the 10yr old do most of the work (installing shocks), plus was glad to have him want to do something other than stare at a screen.

Then stared at the new one in quiet wonder, and ordered some new headlights, a shifter knob, and a sun shade. And found some front seat bases on FB marketplace. Even jeeps that start out cheap end up being expensive.

Love the idea of teaching the young-un's basic Car stuff and how to use tools etc...Both my girls can change their tires and oil.
(part of me wanted to teach them so they can be strong independent young ladies, but its more like if they can do it I don't have too haha)

Fixed a nasty crack in the door panel. Now to paint and make it go away. Done with a soldering iron and a zip tie as a plastic feeder wire.
View attachment 353111
The weld from the back , should be nice and strong.
View attachment 353112

Hope you wore a full face mask... the Arc from burning zip ties can damage your eyes.... ;)

Last edited: