What did you do to your TJ today?

Got the amber covers for my KCs

IMG_3498.jpeg

Added backlighting to my GCD fog light switch.

I had extra bulbs from fixing my airbag switch indicator and repurposed a kids dead toy charger that had a pin just the right size to fit into the pigtail.

IMG_1106.jpeg

Backlight on switch off

IMG_1121.jpeg

Backlight on switch on

IMG_1120.jpeg

It’s looks better in person without the camera artificially magnifying the backlight.

Added backlighting to my GCD fog light switch.

I had extra bulbs from fixing my airbag switch indicator and repurposed a kids dead toy charger that had a pin just the right size to fit into the pigtail.

View attachment 518335

Backlight on switch off

View attachment 518373
Backlight on switch on

View attachment 518374

It’s looks better in person without the camera artificially magnifying the backlight.
Take the switch toggle out of the switch and paint the bottom fully with black touch up paint. It will eliminate the on indicator showing when the dash lights are on. I've had to do this with all of my GCD switch toggles.

Take the switch toggle out of the switch and paint the bottom fully with black touch up paint. It will eliminate the on indicator showing when the dash lights are on. I've had to do this with all of my GCD switch toggles.

Thanks…I spent 30min looking for the damm spring after it went flying and I dropped an upper bezel screw in the dash…it will be on the list the next time I open it up.

Finally some warm weather in the Mitten, so tackling my front bumper in prep for the Warn 8000 I picked up on FB Marketplace for $100 and will be rebuilding this summer. PO welded the bumper to the front frame ends, then welded down the factory tow hooks for good measure. 6 cutoff wheels later, I have it all apart and will be prepping the bumper and painting it this week after work.

Since I had some room with the bumper off, decided to replace the (original, probably) sway bar bushings with Moog, which have been in the parts pile since Christmas. Of course, 2 bolts came out with Kroil and the breaker bar, 1 rounded over, and the last one is just spinning (spot welds on nut broke free inside the frame, I'm guessing).

View attachment 518351

Not sure how I'm going to get this off, at this point. Suggestions welcome!

Angle grinder on the head probably

Yep its cracked, Yep it sucked, hands were a little greasy and it got away from me, luckily my Kwai Chang Caine (google if younger than 45) Like reflexes kept it from landing on me, for those that are interested it is a ford drive side drop NP 205

Or maybe a Dremel tool with a cut-off wheel to the head of the bolt because of the tight space?

More likely. I have the typical rust on top of the fenders, and have primered replacements waiting in the pile o' parts. If I bite the bullet and do the passenger side, I'll have plenty of space to get at it. This is getting ridiculous, though! 😃

Reactions: Danarch and Kiwi TJ
Got my new Sierra twill trilogy top.

Someone previously said they got one too and it fits the earlier wrangler model.
He is correct. Mine is an ‘02 and this is suppose to be for ‘03 and up

View attachment 518353

…….and another one 🙄
( your top does look good though)

• Haha
Reactions: John Cooper
Yep its cracked, Yep it sucked, hands were a little greasy and it got away from me, luckily my Kwai Chang Caine (google if younger than 45) Like reflexes kept it from landing on me, for those that are interested it is a ford drive side drop NP 205

David Carradine. Man I thought that show was the stuff.

Early on in the series contract negotiations broke down- show was a success and they just kept going.

At one point David wanted to do something, and they said “Whoa! , better take a look at your contract buddy”. He said ...we don’t have one. He got his way.

Reactions: John Cooper
Just a killer 3 day binge with @Hog -

We wrenched, we chased parts, wrenched more, ate out, checked out my parts hoard for another project, painted half doors, ate at 2 Waffle Houses, fixed a winch , set up 3 wire led turn signals, got his onboard air fired up, put a flip cover on his in cabin winch toggle, fixed his windshield washer tank drama, installed half door door cylinders, installed door panels, installed the footman loops on the doors, new lock cylinder and module, replaced his side mirrors, flipped my rack back and removed my hard top, cleaned up and installed my half doors, checked my rear gear oil, planned my in can winch switch set up, went to a massive tool place, wheeled hard, ate out again, drove home 50 miles give or take, then had an awesome time hanging out tonight-

4E7B6016-6064-4BCF-9C3E-8A8FBD745CF9.jpeg

DF60B702-C234-4347-935E-3347B2004E25.jpeg

7C3307F2-7F27-4310-BBAF-99C7531F1DFD.jpeg

E0804304-19BE-4FC9-83F7-00B2A601337A.jpeg

292F6B87-CA5A-4ED2-8FDD-070D17595E66.jpeg

Beautiful weekend.

Great times

Last edited:
Replaced the front sway bar bushings and brackets. The installation of a winch previously removed the plastic cover that was hiding them. The old ones were pretty rusty and not pretty to look at. New ones are black and shiny.

Before

20240407_164117.jpg

After
20240413_193058.jpg

Now I need to touch up the paint on the bolts that attach the hooks.

Gathering all tools and parts for the job, I'm driving home and right front caliper seized up.... Added front calipers to the job too!
Front upper and lower ball joints, both sides and calipers. Never been done before.
That nut on the bottom of the lowers was a 32mm, (I had bought a 28mm socket) New nut is a 28.
I need more ibuprofen LOL

Is this to show that you're smarter than a box of hammers? LOL.
Would be if I was.

Actually it was a joke pic to my buddy about ThunderNail, my legendary hammer. Sort of a running joke-

“.... it has unemployed more Mexicans than Donald Trump”

“it will knock a house off the foundation if you aren’t careful”

“It is the father of Thors hammer”

Yada yada