What did you do to your TJ today?

Please please start a build thread would love to watch this grow!

I was considering starting a build thread next week to document the last 17 years of owning my TJ. In terms of the frame swap, I'm going to be doing approximately 0% of the work so I won't be able to give much insight about that (but I could ask the shop to take some photos). I have a full page list of upgrades / maintenance that the Jeep will be getting during the frame swap. This includes new body mounts, lifters, a savvy tummy tuck, and much much more.

I will definitely be starting an extensive thread on frame rust, frame repairs, and frame swaps. I hope that that thread can be the end all be all in terms of frame questions. It will cover why you need a new frame, welding versus replacing the frame, cost, getting a frame, swapping a frame, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm hoping to write that after I get my frame swap done, but I'd imagine that won't be for another 6 weeks or so considering how busy the shop I'm taking it to is.

Reactions: ac_ and Squatch
I was considering starting a build thread next week to document the last 17 years of owning my TJ. In terms of the frame swap, I'm going to be doing approximately 0% of the work so I won't be able to give much insight about that (but I could ask the shop to take some photos). I have a full page list of upgrades / maintenance that the Jeep will be getting during the frame swap. This includes new body mounts, lifters, a savvy tummy tuck, and much much more.

I will definitely be starting an extensive thread on frame rust, frame repairs, and frame swaps. I hope that that thread can be the end all be all in terms of frame questions. It will cover why you need a new frame, welding versus replacing the frame, cost, getting a frame, swapping a frame, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm hoping to write that after I get my frame swap done, but I'd imagine that won't be for another 6 weeks or so considering how busy the shop I'm taking it to is.
Even pics of the powder coated frame would be awesome!

Aaand still running a little hot

FML

Did I forget something??
Is it actually running hot or is the gauge a little off?

Did you purge all of the air from the system? Can you feel the water flowing through your upper radiator hose?
Make sure your radiator is full to the very top and where is should be in the bottle next to it. When it is cold.

Reactions: AZ 4LO
Even pics of the powder coated frame would be awesome!

I'll be sure to get them to take some photos. The shop I'm going to is a place that specializes in automotive restoration and lifted Jeeps. They build everything from rat rods to $130,000 JK's with LS swaps. They've done plenty of frame swaps in the past (I think the owners LJ even got frame swapped at one point). I'm sure they'd be willing to take some photos along the way. I'll start a build thread sometime in the near future and update it when my Jeep goes in for the frame swap in a few weeks

Reactions: ac_
Is it actually running hot or is the gauge a little off?

Did you purge all of the air from the system? Can you feel the water flowing through your upper radiator hose?
Make sure your radiator is full to the very top and where is should be in the bottle next to it. When it is cold.
I think that may be JUST what the problem is. I didn't. Honestly, I can't think of anything else it could be Waiting for it to cool down so I can check levels..

Got my new tires and wheels mounted
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0749-1.JPG

i said don't @ me and u did so ur g00na regr3t i7

I think I'm a bit out of my league in terms of understanding what in the world you are trying to say to me... I think you don't want me to reply to your comments and I certainly don't want to "regr3t i7" so I'll end here...

Reactions: KCsTJ