What did you do to your TJ today?

I ordered and received some leather door straps . These are made by an Amish guy on Etsy that does awesome belts and as I had hoped the straps turned out beautiful. I requested a second set in an oak color for my son's jeep

Got my LOD bumper most of the way on. Still need to drill the four inner bolt holes and the third hole for the tie-in brackets.

Yesterday I finished the cooling system project which included the waterpump, clutch fan, t-stat and housing, new belt, new coolant bottle and all hoses. Last night I test drove it down to the gas station to fuel up for some planned errands today. All was well!

After getting the bumper on today I took the windows out of the new trektop and drove to the parts store to return the clutch fan tools. Felt cool as a mofo and proud of my rig until I walked out and saw steam pouring out of the hood and coolant running down the parking lot.

Immediate thought was leak at the t-stat or water pump until I found this crack in the top of the radiator.
View attachment 89784

The white stains are my overly optimistic attempt at a parking lot repair with jb weld "waterweld".
Every time I pressed on the radiator coolant leaked out.

I limped it home and am gonna let everything settle and cool before I give it another shot.

Pretty pumped about how she's sits right now.

Other recent additions include aluminum corner crushers, 4 inch round LED stop/turn/tail lights with integrated reverse lights, 4 new o2 sensors, a couple stickers.

View attachment 89786

You might as well just replace the radiator. I don’t knowbthat I would trust a repair like that.

Reactions: RussTJ
Reactions: Rich1961
Bought an under seat sub yesterday and today was the install, what a mission that was getting it to fit under the seat.. It fit between the runners but the catch that lifts the seat up and forward was in the way.:(
Had to cut that back a bit and trim some off the other side. Then fitted it to the underside of the passenger seat using some ply. Pioneer Ts-Wx130a was the sub, great sound for small unit...Now I'm all set for my 2 day road trip tomorrow.
sub1.JPG

Bought an under seat sub yesterday and today was the install, what a mission that was getting it to fit under the seat.. It fit between the runners but the catch that lifts the seat up and forward was in the way.:(
Had to cut that back a bit and trim some off the other side. Then fitted it to the underside of the passenger seat using some ply. Pioneer Ts-Wx130a was the sub, great sound for small unit...Now I'm all set for my 2 day road trip tomorrow.
View attachment 89838
Where are you going?