What did you do to your TJ today?

I thought of that as well. I actually thought that after draining with this type drain plug, after nearly everything is out of the pan you could just take this plug out and the flow for the remaining oil would be pretty slow and should just drain through the opening in the skid.
Maybe if it isn’t your daily driver , you could just open the drain and leave it overnight?

Rotated tires for the first time (about 5000 miles on them).

Did a 5 tire rotation as pictured below.

44BA12FF-F6C9-419A-90A0-8168D386C2B1.png

I practiced taking the original headlight out and put it back in. Just for fun. Yah, I'm being sarcastic. LOL I got a set of JK headlights to swap out my originals, and bought the wire kit so I could easily plug and play. Well, after I got the original headlight out, I opened the bag with the wire adaptor kit and went to plug it in, and, it was the wrong one. I bought the H13 to H4 adaptor kit by accident. UGGHHHH. LOL I just ordered the right adaptor kit and I will start all over tomorrow. :D

Yesterday installed front tom woods shaft since when I bought it the front shaft slip joint was shot.
Ended up that whoever worked on it last (when PO owned it) set the front pinon angle to about where a NON-double cardon joint would go. No wonder the steering was so luxourious! So much caster!

Anyways, I move the pinion up about 5* (pinion & driveshaft on same plane) and the new shaft does not vibrate up to 80mph, but the steering is just a tiny bit wander-y now on center. I need to check toe-in now since I rotate the axle so much.

Oh... and I don't have a wrench that I can get to the upper adjustable control arms jam nuts...so I had to take them out to loosen & tighten the jam nuts. What do you guys use? I'm thinking a crows foot and 1/2 ratchet might be the only way???

Reactions: reddvltj
Yesterday installed front tom woods shaft since when I bought it the front shaft slip joint was shot.
Ended up that whoever worked on it last (when PO owned it) set the front pinon angle to about where a NON-double cardon joint would go. No wonder the steering was so luxourious! So much caster!

Anyways, I move the pinion up about 5* (pinion & driveshaft on same plane) and the new shaft does not vibrate up to 80mph, but the steering is just a tiny bit wander-y now on center. I need to check toe-in now since I rotate the axle so much.

Oh... and I don't have a wrench that I can get to the upper adjustable control arms jam nuts...so I had to take them out to loosen & tighten the jam nuts. What do you guys use? I'm thinking a crows foot and 1/2 ratchet might be the only way???
I bought a 1 1/2" combo wrench just for the jamb nut.

Reactions: Blondie70

I haven’t tightened my jamb nuts yet but a typical adjustable wrench won’t work?

I had a bunch of things (winch, 2 ham radios, CB radio, compressor, auxiliary braking system, intercooler coolant pump) connected directly to my battery. It was a real mess with wires and fuse holders all over the place. I decided to clean that up by mounting fused terminal blocks on top of the battery. To do that I used a battery frame that completely wraps around the battery and provides a flat surface on the top where I could mount the terminal blocks. I had to remove the old battery mounting tray and fabricate a new one that the battery frame could bolt to. With the plate, frame and terminal blocks in place I rewired everything. The winch is connected to the battery side terminals. Everything else is connected to the top post terminals. I think it turned out pretty good. As an added benefit the battery frame absolutely holds the battery in place. Previously there was just a single plastic clamp holding the battery which did not seem very secure.

DC527F94-78B5-4367-A3F6-2998DE58AD98.png

0479F36E-14ED-4206-BBC0-31D71C6B7E82.jpeg

92357064-009C-47E0-8C0A-57AA1B35A3C4.jpeg

Put in a new starter (the old one crapped out last night), took off the side boards, and removed the front bumper end caps.
I’ve been thinking of taking the OEM steps off as well. They are useless except for the kids using them to get in the back seat. Otherwise they are in the way for stepping into the front seat.

I also want to remove the ugly oem steps but I want to add some ss tubular side steps. I like the Cj look but I’ve still have to remove the oem flares and install my pocket flares.

Reactions: jazngab
I had a bunch of things (winch, 2 ham radios, CB radio, compressor, auxiliary braking system, intercooler coolant pump) connected directly to my battery. It was a real mess with wires and fuse holders all over the place. I decided to clean that up by mounting fused terminal blocks on top of the battery. To do that I used a battery frame that completely wraps around the battery and provides a flat surface on the top where I could mount the terminal blocks. I had to remove the old battery mounting tray and fabricate a new one that the battery frame could bolt to. With the plate, frame and terminal blocks in place I rewired everything. The winch is connected to the battery side terminals. Everything else is connected to the top post terminals. I think it turned out pretty good. As an added benefit the battery frame absolutely holds the battery in place. Previously there was just a single plastic clamp holding the battery which did not seem very secure.

View attachment 125558

View attachment 125559

View attachment 125560
That’s nice. I wish I was better with electric work.

View attachment 125558

View attachment 125559

View attachment 125560
Nice clean fabrication and install.

I’ve been thinking of taking the OEM steps off as well. They are useless except for the kids using them to get in the back seat. Otherwise they are in the way for stepping into the front seat.
Exactly! I don't use mine and they just gather mud and rocks from my back road driving all the time.

Put in a new starter (the old one crapped out last night), took off the side boards, and removed the front bumper end caps.

View attachment 125556

View attachment 125557

I took my side steps off a long time ago. Didn't like how my leg would hit it getting in and out of the Jeep. It was useless for me to use to step on, I'm to tall and was just awkward trying to use it. LOL

I would like to add some sort of slider eventually, but I want it to be under the tub, not sticking out the side. If that makes sense? I just wan't something to protect the tub if I come down on a rock hard.