What did you do to your TJ today?

I don’t have an answer for ya but I imagine it was disconnected for a reason imo. Good job on the bypass...
It’s just intriguing because I was looking to do a kill switch anyways

I don't recall a "Backcountry" edition for the 2000 Wrangler, but in the event a dealer put together their own package, it would more than likely just be a cosmetic change to one of the 3 available platforms, SE (4 cylinder) Sport, or Sahara (both 6 cylinders.
Thanks, once I figure how to put pictures up I’ll show you what I got.

Thanks, once I figure how to put pictures up I’ll show you what I got.
There is a link that you can use to input your V.I.N. and it will show you what your Jeep came with from the factory. I don't have to.e this morning to look it up but if I believe it is in the resources section of the forum.

Installed my Savvy Under Armour last night. It was quite challenging installing the outer Cs. Required 2 large C clamps and some vise grips with a longer bolt to crank down and close the gap to attach the inner C uppers to the outer Cs. When @mrblaine says he made the outer Cs tight and curses every time he installs them, I know exactly what he means now. Nevertheless, it is mostly installed. For some reason, the holes on the skid for the lower C bracket bolts to recess into only align on passenger side. It seems as though I'm going to have to ream out the driver side so the bolts can recess when installing the skid. Anyone else have this issue?
By the way, I had zero clearance issues between the tub and the transfer case. Go figure
20200308_181446_HDR.jpg
20200308_181453.jpg
20200308_181517_HDR.jpg
20200308_181524_HDR.jpg
20200308_221954_HDR.jpg
20200308_222008_HDR.jpg
20200308_222032_HDR.jpg
20200308_225339_HDR.jpg
20200308_225345_HDR.jpg
20200308_225413_HDR.jpg
20200308_230838_HDR.jpg
20200308_230852.jpg

Last edited:
Installed my Savvy Under Armour last night. It was quite challenging installing the outer Cs. Required 2 large C clamps and some vise grips with a longer bolt to crank down and close the gap to attach the inner C uppers to the outer Cs. When @mrblaine says he made the outer Cs tight and curses every time he installs them, I know exactly what he means now. Nevertheless, it is mostly installed. For some reason, the holes on the skid for the lower C bracket bolts to recess into only align on passenger side. It seems as though I'm going to have to ream out the driver side so the bolts can recess when installing the skid. Anyone else have this issue?
By the way, I had zero clearance issues between the tub and the transfer case. Go figure
View attachment 145077View attachment 145078View attachment 145079View attachment 145080View attachment 145081View attachment 145082View attachment 145083View attachment 145084View attachment 145085View attachment 145086View attachment 145087View attachment 145088
That's one of the challenges designing for the TJ. The frame rails move around a bunch and those holes are not a snug fit, there is some room in there and it's still not enough. Just so you know, I've put on several where the bolt heads hit dead center in the holes.

Reactions: taylormade73
That's one of the challenges designing for the TJ. The frame rails move around a bunch and those holes are not a snug fit, there is some room in there and it's still not enough. Just so you know, I've put on several where the bolt heads hit dead center in the holes.
I get it. Hardly anything on either of my TJs has been consistent other than inconsistency. Interestingly enough, I have at least a half inch of clearance between my transfer case and my tub without having had to dent my tub or manipulate it at all. Same thing with my exhaust, no manipulation or rework needed. By the way, love the design of the crossmember and skid system.

What is your rim tire combo? Been considering those rims. Is your LJ stock height? Are you running spacers?

I'm diggin that look. Very nice Jeep.

Thanks! I'm liking how its turned out so far!

I have what I think is a 2" skyjacker lift that a previous owner installed, no spacers, the tires 32x11.5 Falken Wildpeak at3w and the rims are 15x8 steel trail masters with a backspace of 4.5"
20200308_191053.jpg

View attachment 145077View attachment 145078View attachment 145079View attachment 145080View attachment 145081View attachment 145082View attachment 145083View attachment 145084View attachment 145085View attachment 145086View attachment 145087View attachment 145088
Wish I had smaller hands when bolting the skid to the cross members. Not looking forward to removing it when I finally add a Rubicrawler. Like the skid setup once installed though.

Wish I had smaller hands when bolting the skid to the cross members. Not looking forward to removing it when I finally add a Rubicrawler. Like the skid setup once installed though.
Me too. I found putting the flange nut on the crossmember rail, then putting my finger on top of the flange nut and sliding it over the hole, and then running the screw up into the flange nut worked better than trying to fit my entire hand up in there.

Reactions: Apparition
Dropped the LJ off at a shop Chris recommended for a Sye and new rear drive shaft. Hopefully that'll cure the vibes in the rear after installing the lift.

Reactions: taylormade73
Last edited:
Reactions: ac_