What did you do to your TJ today?

Removed driver seat. Ugh, those 22 year old bolts! Ready to install my Misch Big Boy seat brackets, tomorrow. Had to borrow a neighbor's T 35 torx bit fir one bolt. The other 3 were 1/2 inch sockets. I love a project!!

I installed my Misch Big Boy drivers seat bracket last Saturday and then on Sunday went off-roading with a couple friends. I was so pleased with the additional leg room. I'm 6'4" and didn't have the drivers seat adjusted back as far as it could go. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

for the hell of it

from bars
bars.jpg

to plate
plate.jpg

Installed the new carpet from RockAuto - everything fit pretty darn well. Have to do some trimming on the rear tub sheet, but fit well!

Mounted PS-8 to door, was tired of it loose in the back when my back seat was out. Have to clean up the cords eventually, but all in all went smooth. No rattles!

jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep4.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Cole and reddvltj
Took me about 6 hours but the BL and MML are on. I needed hubby's help for the MML more then anything. Those are a bugger to put in. LOL It's all done though and I like it. Although I do need to do some painting here and there to help hide the gap in the back. :D

Here are a couple of before and after pics. I'm going to go update my "build" thread with more pics. :D

58493024-B931-4918-A87A-7FFC599893DE.jpeg
BFE2CE9C-72B0-4A93-B4D7-7707E8F77802.jpeg

Thursday afternoon was the last time I drove it. Ran to grab dinner and a couple things from the store. Little bit of water on the passenger floor. Guess it's not fixed. Oh well. Gonna take the hose to it again when it warms back up. Also the rear carpet inside the tailgate was wet earlier in the week. Guess I need to take a look at the new-to-me hardtop and check it for leaks back there.

Actually, this wasn’t done today but...
A few months back I installed 3 strips of LED rope lighting. I wired them directly to the factory hood light bulb connectors. So when the hood opens, the lights turn on, and when it’s closed they turn off. It works just like the factory bulb light but they are a lot brighter and they give more overall illumination.

3670ea24-7fda-45c1-a91c-a8770c699c63-jpeg.jpg

You can see the two smaller strips to the right of the prop rod and the longer strip near the hood hinges.

Installed my Savvy Under Armour last night. It was quite challenging installing the outer Cs. Required 2 large C clamps and some vise grips with a longer bolt to crank down and close the gap to attach the inner C uppers to the outer Cs. When @mrblaine says he made the outer Cs tight and curses every time he installs them, I know exactly what he means now. Nevertheless, it is mostly installed. For some reason, the holes on the skid for the lower C bracket bolts to recess into only align on passenger side. It seems as though I'm going to have to ream out the driver side so the bolts can recess when installing the skid. Anyone else have this issue?
By the way, I had zero clearance issues between the tub and the transfer case. Go figure
View attachment 145077View attachment 145078View attachment 145079View attachment 145080View attachment 145081View attachment 145082View attachment 145083View attachment 145084View attachment 145085View attachment 145086View attachment 145087View attachment 145088

You need to start your own build thread!

I know, I know, LOL. I pretty much made "what did you do to your LJ today ?" my build thread. With all that's going on now, I think I have time to do that. I have over a year's worth of build information on my ljr.

Reactions: tworley
That's one of the challenges designing for the TJ. The frame rails move around a bunch and those holes are not a snug fit, there is some room in there and it's still not enough. Just so you know, I've put on several where the bolt heads hit dead center in the holes.
I only need like an eighth of an inch. Just confirming I'll be okay opening up the hole?

Are you going to move the frame around if you can't?
No, brain fart lol. I guess the install is so fresh I keep forgetting that the crossmember is supporting my drivetrain and not the skid itself. I had to modify my UCF skid to clear my 42rle trans pan without significantly affecting it structurally. It may take a few experiences to fully realize and appreciate how nice this Savvy skid system is. I apologize in advance stupid questions that may be in the queue. And it was just suggested that I make my own build thread LOL.😳

I'm installing a rockjock 60 this weekend and then rockjock 44 once it gets built and shipped to me in the next couple months. I got amazing deals on both and I've had so many issues with my factory lockers.

Reactions: Irun