Airaid CAI
JET Stage 1 chip
NGK spark plugs
NGK plug wires
MSD ignition coil

View attachment 161910

View attachment 161911

View attachment 161912
Well, took off the skid plate today in preparation for my MBRP XP stainless exhaust that’ll be here on Thursday. I can’t believe it, but I actually did NOT spin/break any bolts! LOL

9653F0A4-3012-4F26-90F8-7A155BD7C798.jpeg

81637315-9D83-43BA-9575-EC6392991297.jpeg

Well, took off the skid plate today in preparation for my MBRP XP stainless exhaust that’ll be here on Thursday. I can’t believe it, but I actually did NOT spin/break any bolts! LOL

View attachment 162117

View attachment 162118
Decided since I had the skid plate off, May as well remove the old exhaust. Immediately snapped both cat bolts, they broke the “right way” thank goodness, then cut the muffler / tail out. The hangers came loose easy after a couple shots of PB...

6C5ABB3E-4A2A-4E50-B6A6-A3C598EEF33E.jpeg

F63415C2-8233-4A9B-A60F-C0F05E26400E.jpeg

You need to get support under your tranny. The skid plate is the support for tranny/ t-case.

This is gonna sound super-rookie on my part I guess, but... do I need a support for the transmission / transfer case if the Jeep is sitting unmoved/unstarted in my garage until the replacement exhaust shows up and I put it all back together?

This is gonna sound super-rookie on my part I guess, but... do I need a support for the transmission / transfer case if the Jeep is sitting unmoved/unstarted in my garage until the replacement exhaust shows up and I put it all back together?
It would be a good idea. The only thing holding everything up at this point is your engine mounts and they'er not designed to have that kind of twist on them.

It would be a good idea. The only thing holding everything up at this point is your engine mounts and they'er not designed to have that kind of twist on them.

Good to know, I'll go and jack up slightly and place a jack stand underneath. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: reddvltj
That sucks! How was the gasket replacement? I need to do mine.
It was fine , took my time. Hardest part was the cleaning in all the nooks and crannies. That’s what was so frustrating almost done, finishing up the bolts to torque specs. I should have done more googling or research. Just followed the manual on inch lbs and snapped it. Looked on google after, everyone says don’t torque to 55in lbs. Nothing like taking your time, enjoying the wrenching and snapping it off like a rookie.

I got the BMB pads bedded in today. I live near some farm roads where I could do the brake cycles without interruption. Color me impressed. Very smooth and linear, with great stopping ability.
I also installed a pair of Hella 100/80W H4 headlight bulbs in Hella E-spec housings. I had previously installed KSuspension's headlight harness upgrade. They were quite a bit brighter even in broad daylight, but the proof will tomorrow morning when I leave for work at o'dark thirty.
I replaced the stock rear trackbar with a JKS adjustable. The original had a worn out bushing and was clunking around a bit. Hopefully that will help with the slight wandering issue I've had.
I spent quite a bit of time crawling around under the Jeep this weekend, and my 62 year old bones are feeling it this afternoon. :)

Finally threw in some LEDs with varying results. The LED bulb that fits the Chevy truck underhood lite isn't really any brighter than the incandescent it replaced (because its size limited), and is probably not as reliable in this super HOT location - we'll see! An LED in the backup lite helped, the ones in the footwell fixtures that were purchased more or less by accident didn't improve anything, but at least shouldn't toast the lenses as I had to replace one of those as well.

BUT - the "BeamTech" H4 LED replacement bulbs in the e-code Hellas are significantly brighter, even in daylite! I have yet to try them at nite though - in fact, I haven't driven the Jeep at nite since I bought it. I think I'll like the whiter output. Unfortunately, the BeamTechs won't fit in my e-code Hellas on my old MBZ due to a backshell.

I did note a tiny amount of RFI on the AM band with the BeamTechs - although I had to listen carefully. I contacted them for their RFI filter - I don't want them to mess with my eventual CB installation, and might as well try to filter out the broadcast band AM as well. Yes, I *do* listen to AM from time to time!

Last edited:
Several years ago I installed a set of LEDs in the IPF H4 headlight housings. The main problem I had with them was that I operate a Ham Radio from the Wrangler and the amount of stray RFI put out by the poorly filtered ballast (igniter) caused a S9 signal on my radio. Tried grounding the igniter, installed ferrite chokes, filter cap on the feed line, upgraded the antenna coax to highly shielded LMR400, All of these steps had very little affect.
When the headlights were off; there was no RFI, but as soon as I turned the headlights on... S9 of noise.
Contacted the distributor and explained the problem and my steps to resolve the problem; apparently others had complained about the noise and problems with focusing the high beams. The distributor apologized and I received a full refund including shipping.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Zorba