What did you do to your TJ today?

Saturday...14 degrees (57 F) warm enough to strip down the jeep, doors off and top down...good to have the fresh air riding again
Sunday.... wind change direction and strength and felt like 8 degrees (45 F ) everything went back on again. lol

Last edited:
Calling @Hog ... You're technically challenged buddy needs a picture of his new Jeep emblem posted.

I really wasn't confident you could put a sticker on bed liner.... But I watched a video on YouTube and I like the way it looked on the tub above the stickers I made.

Reactions: John Cooper
Finally pulled the trigger on a set of tires. I've looked at used tires endlessly and finally decided to commit to downgrading to 33s. Discount tire has $80 flash sale + $100 rebate on General Grabber ATXs. I've seen them around and they look like a good tire. Free shipping and no sales tax make it $508 shipped (after all discounts and rebates). I'll still have to pay for an install, but it's the cheapest I've found. The 35s still have ~10/32s left on them so hopefully I can recoup some of my costs.

I'm hoping the shorter/lighter tire that's properly balanced will help improve the driveability and be just bit easier for my wife to get in and out.

Found why new brakes didn't fix my brake squeak -_-

1600087874167.png

Installed the SpeedoDRD-J1 to calibrate the speedometer. Just disconnect the speed sensor plug on the transfer case and put this harness between the two ends. It includes about 6' of cable to get in into a spot that will not get wet etc but nothing needs to be connected on the other end. The model J-1 is what I got and it says it is for all TJ's and LJ's. I temporarily zip tied it near the transfer case to get a test drive. Works great.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=303331484038

View attachment 189694

Goes in this connector which I believe is the same for ALL TJ's

View attachment 189692

Zip tied in its temporary, unprotected spot.

View attachment 189693

These are the simple calibration directions I got off their website. I recently zeroed then recorded my trip odometer and GPS after about 70 miles to find out my trip odometer was 13.9% lower than GPS miles so I used that number for correction.

View attachment 189695
What size wheels and tires are you running over stock?wWh
Thanks for that. I've been meaning to get one for 3 years for my Rubicon. I can afford that.(y)
What size wheels & tires are you running over stock?

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Swapped out the factory rear bumper for the <$200 EAG.
Quick review- they now weld the brackets to their bumper and you don’t need to assemble first. It is slightly wider than I’d like. Overall pleased.
Images for your review.

Oh- I also turned the heat on to bring down the engine temp “check gauges”.
Off to another thread to sort that out.

B48F9D9A-EB59-4145-A612-B1AF87FF7B75.jpeg

BD1B3AB2-C632-4D82-8BF8-6F34C39F9832.jpeg

DA550B59-D908-41D9-AC47-B4F161277351.jpeg

3824464F-2E85-4C34-8B14-6471BA9CDB2D.jpeg

Saturday...14 degrees (57 F) warm enough to strip down the jeep, doors off and top down...good to have the fresh air riding again
Sunday.... wind change direction and strength and felt like 8 degrees (45 F ) everything went back on again. lol

And here I am debating on putting my back windows back in. LOL I've been working nights do to covid, and it is pretty cool in the mornings. Ahh, one more week. LOL