What did you do to your TJ today?

@Mudguard2004 — I picked it up in April and it came from your part of California, do you know anything about it?

No. Unfortunately to insight? Just looks a lot like mine. Private sale or dealership? Where about are you at?

d326b8f9fec12e768494ce7728aa0480.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought Hi-Lift roll bar brackets and removed my jack from the tire carrier which was really an inconvenient setup. I have a Body Armor brand swing out tire carrier with integrated Jerry can mounts and hi-lift mount. I've smashed a few cans on the rocks and rarely ever have fuel in them so took them off along with the jack, so I can finally move the spare closer to the tailgate.

Reactions: Shamu
Installed a Spartan locker in my front axle. While I was in there I put new carrier bearings on as one didn't look so hot. Also threw some 5-760x u-joints in the shafts, new unit hubs, and new brake pads. I have to say I've got mixed feelings about the way it handles in 4wd now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob5589
Installed a Spartan locker in my front axle. While I was in there I put new carrier bearings on as one didn't look so hot. Also threw some 5-760x u-joints in the shafts, new unit hubs, and new brake pads. I have to say I've got mixed feelings about the way it handles in 4wd now.

You won't after you waltz through a couple spots on the trail that gave you trouble in the past without even breaking a sweat

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
I'm sure it'll be fine once I get used to it but what I don't like about it is how bad it wants to go straight. It fights the steering hard and doesn't give up until you're going straight again. Some of my favorite trails are really tight, like rubbing tires on trees rounding corners tight, and I could see this being a bit annoying. Once I get on the rocks I'll probably forget all about it though.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
I'll play it by ear but i may end up throwing the spider gears back in for snow season.

Auto lockers aren't the greatest on snow and ice. They will push into turns and may not unlock due to lack of traction on the hard, slick surface.

Put my new Bumper and Winch on. Ready to wheel this weekend at Hidden Falls Adventure Park!

Before
IMG_6060.JPG

In process
IMG_6066.JPG

Mounted winch to bumper before mounting bumper. Made that part 100 x easier

IMG_6070.JPG

Wired up safely

IMG_6074.JPG

Just the synthetic rope to install!

IMG_6075.JPG

The help and my fellow Jeep fanatics
IMG_6079.JPG

Finished!
IMG_6086.JPG

How does the winch plate fit into that kind of install?

I'm going to replace my bumper eventually, wondering what I'm looking at in terms of labor.

How does the winch plate fit into that kind of install?

I'm going to replace my bumper eventually, wondering what I'm looking at in terms of labor.
@glwood and @Shwane are correct, winch plate is built into this bumper. I was going to just get a winch plate for the stock bumper. But a good one was $99 and this new bumper was $239, so I took the plunge. Since I've found it under another name for less on Ebay (I think $179 or so) and Amazon dropped their price to $219.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IS93BCE/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Mounts up directly to the stock nuts at the frame easily (4 bolts on bottom, 2 on top). Mounting hardware included or you can use the stock. Only trouble I had was the bottom brackets were slightly off. I drilled them out a little on each side (5 minute job) and then they fit. My guess is some will be dead on and others will be slightly off due to manufacturing. All in all I'm happy. The labor was minimal for a bumper.

I'm having to drive 25 miles to pick up my Spicer ball joints because the shipper is closed and cannot change the delivery address to my new address and UPS is holding them [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk