What did you do to your TJ today?

On another note, the fenders both have rust in them and the passengers side has really great Patina. What have you guys done when there are rust holes in the front fenders and nowhere else? Replacement fenders?
I recently took care of mine, and I stripped it all down and filled it with bondo and painted. Did not come out that well, but probably could have been better if I didn't add too much bondo and hammered it down more.

I had found these 2 options that seem good and I might do eventually, but for now I'll just live with it looking a little bad: Option A, Option B

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Installed some cheap amazon goodies today. The round push-button switches are for my bumper lights and replaced the shitty autozone switches that are *supposed* to light up when you turn them on. The quick charger went in the hole where the factory power port was with a little dremel assistance. Gotta lean a little to see the voltage from the driver's seat which kinda sucks. And yes the dead pedal is as crooked as it looks. If I get bored one day I may pull it out and reshape it a bit. I'd also like for the angle of it to be a bit flatter.

PXL_20210330_222737603.MP.jpg

PXL_20210330_223540244.MP.jpg

I recently took care of mine, and I stripped it all down and filled it with bondo and painted. Did not come out that well, but probably could have been better if I didn't add too much bondo and hammered it down more.

I had found these 2 options that seem good and I might do eventually, but for now I'll just live with it looking a little bad: Option A, Option B
Both my fenders went in different spots. Tried the fiberglass bondo to do some filling and try to save the fenders. The cancer must have been deeper than I cleaned because it all came back again.

I'll be the first to admit that I hate bodywork. I thought I did well enough but clearly it's a skill I do not have (nor do I want - I hate the work!).

Going flat fenders in aluminum. Screw rusting.

Wish you better luck than I had!

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Went to go get new wheels and tires today. They had to order the tires and they got in today so the shop called me today to put them on. Apparently after I dropped it off they lost one of the tires somehow. Not sure how that happened, but they got another one getting shipped in quick for tomorrow so hopefully everything will be mounted soon.

Reactions: Cheetokps
Both my fenders went in different spots. Tried the fiberglass bondo to do some filling and try to save the fenders. The cancer must have been deeper than I cleaned because it all came back again.

I'll be the first to admit that I hate bodywork. I thought I did well enough but clearly it's a skill I do not have (nor do I want - I hate the work!).

Going flat fenders in aluminum. Screw rusting.

Wish you better luck than I had!
I found out there is A LOT of filler from the area under my passenger door back to in front of my rear wheel well, I don't know if it was in an accident or something but it doesn't seem good. I didn't even realize until I started to sand down the rust, it must have been done professionally cause it looks really good (A lot better than when I tried). I was hoping to buy some sliders to cover up the rust area (after I remove it all and paint it of course) but now I'm worried it won't be strong enough to hold them with someone standing on them

I might eventually get flat fenders to replace mine, but I love the look of the factory ones so idk

Reactions: FarFire70
I found out there is A LOT of filler from the area under my passenger door back to in front of my rear wheel well, I don't know if it was in an accident or something but it doesn't seem good. I didn't even realize until I started to sand down the rust, it must have been done professionally cause it looks really good (A lot better than when I tried). I was hoping to buy some sliders to cover up the rust area (after I remove it all and paint it of course) but now I'm worried it won't be strong enough to hold them with someone standing on them

I might eventually get flat fenders to replace mine, but I love the look of the factory ones so idk
I hear you on the factory look. Loved mine on 33s with stock fenders and flat fender flares (Xenon - don't think they're made anymore).

Flat fenders turned into lift which turned to 35s and now it's up on jackstands for all 4 corners.... Replacement stock fenders would have guaranteed I would get some spring sun time in the Jeep. Now I'm just hopping to get some summer sun time this year. ;)

Reactions: Cheetokps
Finally changed the stereo on my 2001 TJ that I’ve owned since new. Sony media player head unit, 4 x Polk speakers and Pioneer sub - can’t believe I waited soo long, I didn’t realise how much better it could sound.
The quality of the Bluetooth phone integration as good as any I’ve heard.
Sub fits under the seat by the skin of its teeth. Happy days
View attachment 238881View attachment 238882View attachment 238883View attachment 238884View attachment 238885
I have exactly the same sub and in exactly the same place......makes for an interesting drive with the sub up high and a lady in the front passenger seat lol

Finished my full post-shakedown walkaround. First run with Currie coils, longer shocks, 35s. and beadlocks. Surprisingly nothing fell off, everything seems to be holding torque, and nothing new is leaking, although I've got some brake gremlins to sort out. At slow speeds, especially off camber, the pedal sometimes gets very very soft. I think the Jeep still stops (it does while testing in the parking lot, brakes or rocks stopped it on the trail so I can't quite tell. 4 low did most of the work), but the pedal goes straight to the floor. Doesn't really happen at speed, and rarely happens even going slowly. Very intermittent. I did a rough bleed on the trail, but will be doing it properly this week when I get time. Hoping no air or busted seal in the master. Unfortunately my apartment complex does not provide a bench vice for bleeding in the shared parking garage.

Screenshot 2021-03-29 162225.png

Last edited:
guess what I’m doing this weekend... radiator swap yayyy!!!
Couldn’t get a mopar one in time (it’s my daily). So will use the one I found locally (scarce here in New Zealand).
will overhaul the cooling system in the future but will just make it driveable for now
FCE86832-0D38-40F0-B118-481F245BA752.jpeg

guess what I’m doing this weekend... radiator swap yayyy!!!
Couldn’t get a mopar one in time (it’s my daily). So will use the one I found locally (scarce here in New Zealand).
will overhaul the cooling system in the future but will just make it driveable for now
View attachment 239211
I just replaced mine with a Fenix Radiator, Fenix number: JEEP1682-PA32A. They are like the Mopar ones with plastic top and bottom tanks. So far it's going great. I'm in Australia but I think Fenix is in NZ.

Reactions: phraza