What did you do to your TJ today?

I used wizard turbo cut compound on a white foam cutting pad at around 1800 rpm then hit it with some mothers synthetic wax. Time consuming and messy but you can't argue with the results. I could go over it with a finish cut compound and then a polish to really make it shine but I'm just going to scratch it up again so what's the point. I also use a Makita 7" polisher if anyone cares to know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I've tried the products that you can do by hand but there really is no comparison. As long as you aren't using a really aggressive compound/pad combo its pretty hard to mess up too. Just don't stay in one spot too long and don't let the pad dry out.

Installed the Mopar TPS yesterday. Everything seems fine.

We finally got the spot lights hooked up.
View attachment 19743

And the Sub started to work again. What a great feeling, having that bass playing all the way home. Then when I got into the jeep to see the lights in the dark to take pics...no sub.

It's gotta be a ground issue with the sub or an exposed wire that is making contact with something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT and tman66
Tried to put the same type of antenna mount on the rear passenger side for a second antenna
46ec197e4d375e4b56fb65d3619e1594.jpg

But this was in the way of the backside ground
66f74f24f82eca58caf722767d26be52.jpg

And it ain't movin! pulled the shroud and loosened all mounting nuts and bolts on this thing and can't get it out of the way. There's one mount a squid could not reach. If you go to use this type of antenna mount on the passenger side, check to see if you have the same hardware. Mine is an 04 6 possibly Ca compliant. Even though it's always been on the right coast. I'll use a grounding strap on this one.

Reactions: Michael Roberson
It's gotta be a ground issue with the sub or an exposed wire that is making contact with something

I'm going with a defective unit. :lol:

Ive checked it 10 times, had other people check it. Shaken the wire, all that Jazz. I think there is something wrong with the face plate.

Yep, I trimmed them with an air saw. It's a very rough and uneven trim but it gets the job done and looks good from 20 feet away ha. The paint is from the factory, the Sahara flares are slightly wider and color matched.

Yep, I trimmed them with an air saw. It's a very rough and uneven trim but it gets the job done and looks good from 20 feet away ha. The paint is from the factory, the Sahara flares are slightly wider and color matched.

I've come to the conclusion that's the only way I'm getting the look I want

I love it because it was free and I've got the fender clearance I was after but I also really dislike the way the inside looks from the side. It's the best I could do without dropping a grand on good tube fenders. I'll try to take a picture from the side tomorrow to show you what I don't like.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
Oh deer !! hehe ....yeah I'm thinking if you were in a sedan it could have been allot worse for the car and you guys.

As for your bumper you could always cut off both ends and shorten the bumper until you spot a replacement.

Picked up an ARB bumper with a generic 8000# winch for $300.. dude even installed it for me for free :)

View attachment 19793

I just need to figure out how to source a remote lead for the "Chicago Power Tools" brand winch.
Great score....Congrats..looks great too

Reactions: Strahan
Picked up an ARB bumper with a generic 8000# winch for $300.. dude even installed it for me for free :)

View attachment 19793

I just need to figure out how to source a remote lead for the "Chicago Power Tools" brand winch.
Rumor has it that a Super Winch 9500 controller works. About $40 or so. Give them a call, and see what happens. Check the SKU though, the controller plugs have changed fairly frequently.

So, about how much lift does the JK set-up yield? An inch or so? I could use some new shocks, and I see take-offs on CL quite often. Plus, I need to clear 32 inch tires now, so an inch might be "perfect"
I used the tallest JK springs I could find (# ending in 18) and I have a 4 banger, so it is ligher up front. The JK springs were only about 1 inch longer than my stock springs. Due to the different spring rate I have about 1.5 in of lift.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk