What did you do to your TJ today?

Parked my TJ near a car dealer, when I got out I was asked whether I would sell the TJ?
I declined with thanks. 8 years ago I bought it for 6000 €, the guy would have offered me 10,000€.
The TJ's are slowly becoming real rarities here in Germany.

Parked my TJ near a car dealer, when I got out I was asked whether I would sell the TJ?
I declined with thanks. 8 years ago I bought it for 6000 €, the guy would have offered me 10,000€.
The TJ's are slowly becoming real rarities here in Germany.
Are there any camels around there?

This is most of my TJ fun , just running around with no top. At Bojangles grabbing biscuits for the gang. I enjoy the snot out these 45 minute jaunts, it makes my whole day brighter.

Can you guys relate?

Sure I love to wheel it, it has battle scars all over it , but I do this kind of stuff constantly-and love it.

Right now my favorite TJ song is Bryan Adams “Open Road”.

.....im sitting at the wheel
.....got a green light
....got the pedal down,’cause im built for life

I have to try to be an adult most if the time , but I’m going to hold on to some of 18 as long as I can.

image.jpg

This is most of my TJ fun , just running around with no top. At Bojangles grabbing biscuits for the gang. I enjoy the snot out these 45 minute jaunts, it makes my whole day brighter.

Can you guys relate?

Sure I love to wheel it, it has battle scars all over it , but I do this kind of stuff constantly-and love it.

Right now my favorite TJ song is Bryan Adams “Open Road”.

.....im sitting at the wheel
.....got a green light
....got the pedal down,’cause im built for life

I have to try to be an adult most if the time , but I’m going to hold on to some of 18 as long as I can.

View attachment 261694
Sure can relate brother!!!! I parked mine a while back to drive the gas saver, then we get a full week of sunny 80deg plus days and I am driving with the top down all week long!!!!!!

Sure it cost me twice the $$ that week but the smile on my face and the fun factor were more than worth it!!!!!

They will, but man it comes back fast in fun!

If you look on the Internet there are some old advertisements, around 1976 maybe . when Jeeps could not compete with the new wave of economy cars and they were selling “smiles per gallon”
That should be every TJ owners motto!!!!! Either smiles per gallon or Smiles per mile!!!!!

It's honestly where the "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" comes from!!!!

Can you guys relate?
yes, and mostly because that's all I do with it anymore :LOL:, which is so fun it's all I want to do with it. Today I'll slap the bike rack on & take my bike to my girlfriend's if she has time & take a ride, then maybe to Rita's for water ice, then when the sun is lower & the 100 degree 'feels-like' temperature starts to wane I'll jump in it for my summer evening constitutional through the countryside, slow pace, tunes on, shit-eat'n grin on my face that can't be removed.

The scars are still there, as is a good bit of mud slopped around the interior, from former uses; all happy reminders, but she's a happy camper

IMG_8301.JPG

I had my savvy aluminum control arms delivered Friday.
does anyone know the torque specs for the bolts?
Do you tighten the jam nut as tight as possible?

Well I was going to take mine on a nice drive to the NC Zoo since my stepson was over this weekend....until I realized there are no back seatbelts! The shoulder belts are there but the other part that should be in the seat isn't. LOL in the few months I have had her no one has sat in the backseat, usually it's just me in it. So I guess I need to buy and install rear seatbelts....

Well I was going to take mine on a nice drive to the NC Zoo since my stepson was over this weekend....until I realized there are no back seatbelts! The shoulder belts are there but the other part that should be in the seat isn't. LOL in the few months I have had her no one has sat in the backseat, usually it's just me in it. So I guess I need to buy and install rear seatbelts....

If you can’t find one with the bolt included , it’s a 7/16-20 thread bolt needed.

Reactions: hnybee09
Changed the oil:
390.JPG

@Jerry Bransford - going completely against my gut but going with Jerry's rec that modern Pennzoil isn't the sludgy crap it was 30 years ago (which is echoed by other research I was able to do), so in it went! The 6th quart was Quaker State as Wal*Mart didn't have the Pennzoil in quarts - nor the Quaker State in 4 or 5 quart bottles for that matter. Also upgraded to the 1 qt Wix 51515 because I could.