What did you do to your TJ today?

Did you go with the Beamtechs?
No, I used "AUXITO H4 9003 HB2 LED" from Amazon.

If you use these, note that the alignment ring comes off, allowing you to easily insert them though the rubber gasket (which will still need to be trimmed a bit). Just be sure to put the ring back on the same way it came off - otherwise your bulb will be upside down and the cut-off will be, too. I'm not sure if all the H4 LEDs have this or not.

Reactions: zebra12
Damn. I don't know how to friggin' act! Went out this AM, looked under the Jeep, and found something missing...

... no drips, leaks, puddles, stains, or anything other than clean concrete!
That’s really bad bad news…… That means all those above mentioned fluids are empty. Better refill the oil ,antifreeze and tranny fluid.

Being an ex maintenance mechanic for a large air conditioning manufacturer, that didn’t want to spend money for repairs, when folks called me complaining about oil leaks I told them to call me when it quit leaking. That’s when problems were soon. 😩🥺

Reactions: Blondie70
Installed my new Rancho rs5000x shocks and Rancho rs5000 steering damper… had a problem with the steering damper…tapered bolt stripped out… I’ll contact Rancho on Tuesday and I’m sure they will send me a new one… shocks went on without a problem, especially since I was replacing the RC N3 shocks that I just put on in November… what a difference!

Last edited:
Checked the tire pressure in my recently-acquired LJ and found the installer (by PO) had it at 35-36 pounds, cold.

Dropped to 28, then to 25 and it rides much, much better. Cheapest mod ever :)

Reactions: voodooridr
'00 Sahara: pressure tested the cooling system, found a drip on the water pump outlet which turned out to be a loose clamp. Installed new TPS which resolved a weird throttle/idle issue, so now the POS is driveable again. Need to weld up exhaust adapters to seal a leak that could be causing O2 sensors to misbehave.

'98 Sport: flipped engine over on stand, cleaned up oil pan gasket mating area. Pulled rear main cap, preparing to install RMS before installing the engine. Rendered this Jeep immobile after selling the axle set. Now need to clean up the 4.10 Dana 30/Dana 35 combo to get it rolling again.

"HELLA 002395991 7" H4 Type Single High/Low Beam Headlamp"

$45/ea on Amazon.

These are ECE approved, but not DOT, which means that they have pretty sharp cut-off.
I've seen others use those particular (ECE approved) Hella replacement lamps and always wondered, why not use the SAE/DOT approved version, HELLA 002395301? Is it beam pattern or what? Genuinely curious.

As an aside: I used the SAE/DOT ones (002395301) when I replaced my headlights.

Bottom line, Hellas are very nice compared to the original sealed beam lamps. I did need to adjust their alignment once installed, but no issues blinding oncoming drivers since.

I've seen others use those particular (ECE approved) Hella replacement lamps and always wondered, why not use the SAE/DOT approved version, HELLA 002395301? Is it beam pattern or what? Genuinely curious.

I guess because I didn't find that version in my searches. Some would argue the ECE pattern is better, but that wasn't a factor for me.

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan
saddled her up for some pedaling

IMG_9714.JPG

I guess because I didn't find that version in my searches. Some would argue the ECE pattern is better, but that wasn't a factor for me.
It *may* be because the DOT version is newer? I've never heard of it before, they certainly weren't available 20 years ago when I bought them for the old Mercedes. So I just went out right now to look at the ones I put on the Jeep last year ($20 for the pair, eat your heart out!), and much to my surprise, they're DOT! I had ASS-U-MEd the weren't, and didn't think anything further about it.

Reactions: Fulton_Hogan