What do I have to do to add a 2 inch OME lift?

What if I had a 1.25 BL to the 2" OME SL???
Would I need track bar relocator, TC drop and MML???
Chris already answered the question. But do some looking around and some research. After that, you'll realize the track bar mounts to the frame and the axle to keep the axle centered. And the body is mounted on top of the frame. Therefore, body lifts do not effect suspension components.

Where are you seeing a lot for 97-02 and one for 03-06? According the the official OME price list there is only a lot for 97-06. Which makes sense too, because there is no difference from 97-02 and 03-06. Whatever site you got that info from is incorrect.

I thought it was weird. It was on Quadratec's site: http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_050X_A_PG.htm and http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_05XX_A_PG.htm

It seems they are making a distinction for some reason, I just couldn't figure out why.

I was able to find part(s) on Amazon for much cheaper through a reseller.

I am going to pull the trigger based on your advice!

Thanks for all the info! BTW. Your last paragraph in your last post is exactly why I am going with the 2" (for my first Jeep anyway) :):

"This is why I think 2-2.5" is a good lift for most people, because you don't have to start spending a shit ton of money just to make everything right. Once you start getting over 3" or more, that's when you better be prepared to spend some big money if you want to do it right."

I thought it was weird. It was on Quadratec's site: http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_050X_A_PG.htm and http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_05XX_A_PG.htm

It seems they are making a distinction for some reason, I just couldn't figure out why.

I was able to find part(s) on Amazon for much cheaper through a reseller.

I am going to pull the trigger based on your advice!

Thanks for all the info! BTW. Your last paragraph in your last post is exactly why I am going with the 2" (for my first Jeep anyway) :):

"This is why I think 2-2.5" is a good lift for most people, because you don't have to start spending a shit ton of money just to make everything right. Once you start getting over 3" or more, that's when you better be prepared to spend some big money if you want to do it right."

Good choice! According to ARB's website (they make OME) the only kits for 97-06 Wranglers are these ones

OME Wrangler TJ 2.5" Heavy Duty Lift Kit (OMETJHKS)
OME Wrangler TJ 2.5" Light Duty Lift Kit (OMETJLKS)

The first one (part number OMETJHKS) is the heavy duty kit. The second one (part number OMETJLKS) is the light duty kit.

If it was me, I'd get the first one personally!

It's just a little confusing because they sell it in a kit which includes the TC drop and TB relocator
and they (ARB) recommend using these other parts to avoid voiding the warranty.

It's just a little confusing because they sell it in a kit which includes the TC drop and TB relocator
and they (ARB) recommend using these other parts to avoid voiding the warranty.

Oh yes, the parts that come with the kit are for use on the stock track bars.

Something I learned a while back about what is included in an off the shelf lift…some companies don't have everything you need and some throw in extra stuff. Just because they sell it that way, doesn't mean that's the best way. This is true of most companies with very few exceptions.

Reactions: Chris
Good choice! According to ARB's website (they make OME) the only kits for 97-06 Wranglers are these ones

OME Wrangler TJ 2.5" Heavy Duty Lift Kit (OMETJHKS)
OME Wrangler TJ 2.5" Light Duty Lift Kit (OMETJLKS)

The first one (part number OMETJHKS) is the heavy duty kit. The second one (part number OMETJLKS) is the light duty kit.

If it was me, I'd get the first one personally!

What is odd is I was looking at the light duty OME 2" kit on Northridge 4x4, and their website states "This does not fit your: 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon" What's with that?

The OME stock # matches...if you search on their (NR) site by my TJ, it does not even list any OME kit as available under lifts for a 2004 TJR.

Hmm, that's odd. I got my OME kit from Amazon and it fit perfect. I can't speak to Northridge though. Could just be an error on their part.

Spent a lot of time talking to Dirk @ DPG Offroad today. Didn't agree with most of what he had to say, though. He was trying very hard to sell the JKS adj. front & rear track bars with the springs & shocks, along with the JKS quicker disconnects. He said all that was needed in order for this suspension upgrade to be done 'right'. Of course it adds another $600 to the cost...I have had several OME lifts in the past that did just fine with springs & shocks for 2" of lift.

Spent a lot of time talking to Dirk @ DPG Offroad today. Didn't agree with most of what he had to say, though. He was trying very hard to sell the JKS adj. front & rear track bars with the springs & shocks, along with the JKS quicker disconnects. He said all that was needed in order for this suspension upgrade to be done 'right'. Of course it adds another $600 to the cost...I have had several OME lifts in the past that did just fine with springs & shocks for 2" of lift.

Hell, I wouldn't even waste my money knowing what I know now about disconnects versus a Currie Antirock.

Yep comparing quick disconnects to the Currie Antirock is like comparing a crude wooden wagon wheels to 37" BFG Krawlers on Walker Evans alloy beadlock wheels.

Reactions: derekmac
Yep comparing quick disconnects to the Currie Antirock is like comparing a crude wooden wagon wheels to 37" BFG Krawlers on Walker Evans alloy beadlock wheels.

Not to highjack the thread, but could you explain why this is?
I've never ran an Antirock, but as I understand it, it's just less stiff than the stock sway bar.
That being said, it's bound to have less 'droop' than a completely disconnected axle, isn't it?
I could see wanting some anti-roll while wheeling, but the rear sway bar provides some...

Curious to hear the reasoning behind this.