What do I need for a tummy tuck?

Johnsbluetj

I really want to do a tummy tuck and I've been looking around but don't know exactly what to do. I've got the savvy 1.25 body lift and 1in motor mounts(i took your guys advice and it was definitely the way to go!! I believe that those are both two things I need but I'm not sure what else? Also if you guys know the best other items with the best prices that would be amazing! Thank you!

There is indeed! It's one of those mods that really snowballs. Mine ended up leading me down a rabbit hole, that's for sure!
would it be easier for me to just get a heavier duty skid plate that I can bash on everything instead of getting the inch or so of clearance?

Reactions: DrDmoney
A good raised skid is the equivalent of about 3" of spring lift as far as the drive shafts are concerned. A stock TJ needs everything a 3" lift would require to get the drivelines to run well. Now imagine what a 4" spring lift is doing with a raised skid.

Reactions: tworley and Chris
would it be easier for me to just get a heavier duty skid plate that I can bash on everything instead of getting the inch or so of clearance?

Getting stuff out of the way is always the better choice.

Yep, getting stuff out of the way is a better choice indeed. Even with a heavy, beefy, steel skid, you'll still get hung up a lot.

A TT is not cheap and requires changes to everything in the driveline, but in the end it is a very worthwhile mod. Here is @rasband showing the benefits of a tuck. If he was using the stock skid, he'd of been hung up a foot earlier.

20191005_122429[1].jpg

A TT is not cheap and requires changes to everything in the driveline, but in the end it is a very worthwhile mod. Here is @rasband showing the benefits of a tuck. If he was using the stock skid, he'd of been hung up a foot earlier.

View attachment 146428

Nearly eliminating that hang up point made it one of the best upgrades to date, go as flat as possible.

Reactions: J R
U want to talk about a heavy skid plate. I made mine my self out of 1/4 inch steel. I had to take it in and out about 15 times when fabricating it and the transmission mount. After about the second time lifting it I decided to get the forklift

E496BA87-2656-4E86-910D-C317A31FB700.jpeg

D0EB5436-A39A-48C6-84C2-2D91418B6E21.jpeg

F9AAEC46-3CA6-4B1C-80E0-4FA33B0E8B2E.jpeg