What else do I need with 2" BDS lift?

ProComp 2" EXP55297 Front_ 170lbs/in; 17.87" free
BDS 2" 034204 Front _______ 158lbs/in; 18.50" free

ProComp 2" EXP55298 Rear___ 175lbs/in; 13.54" free
BDS 2" 034206 Rear__________ 200lbs/in; 13.75" free

My memory was incorrect in an earlier post.

So does more free equal higher lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The spring with the lower spring rate needs a higher free height to net the same lift height. It's all about weight brah.

Reactions: jjvw
Look to see if you're ok in the rear. I run 2.5-3" in the rear and my brake line was rubbing the sway bar end link on the driver's side. I got some RE1155 end links, if I recall, about $30.

This is likely why my installer recommended the adjustable rear JKS sway bar end links for $75, just in case they experience this type of issue during the install. I believe some shorter links like these may be more appropriate for a 2" lift since the RE1155's are for a much higher lift. Perhaps RE has another part number for a shorter ride height. In the Q&A section they recommended shorter links to someone with a 2.5" lift. The JKS swaybar rear end links say for 2.5" and up and I was concerned at first. However, the BDS shop I am talking to say they have installed them on the 2" BDS lifts with success. Many say they are getting 2.5" on the BDS 2" lift, but those are guys that likely don't have hardtops, armor, larger winches etc. I have a hardtop, but no winch yet. I'm keeping mine light :). I'm sure mine will be raked and then I'll want to buy a winch, LOL.

This is likely why my installer recommended the adjustable rear JKS sway bar end links for $75, just in case they experience this type of issue during the install. I believe some shorter links like these may be more appropriate for a 2" lift since the RE1155's are for a much higher lift. Perhaps RE has another part number for a shorter ride height. In the Q&A section they recommended shorter links to someone with a 2.5" lift. The JKS swaybar rear end links say for 2.5" and up and I was concerned at first. However, the BDS shop I am talking to say they have installed them on the 2" BDS lifts with success. Many say they are getting 2.5" on the BDS 2" lift, but those are guys that likely don't have hardtops, armor, larger winches etc. I have a hardtop, but no winch yet. I'm keeping mine light :). I'm sure mine will be raked and then I'll want to buy a winch, LOL.
Advertising is advertising. Reality is on the ground. Case in point, the RE1155 advertise for higher lift, 3.5”-4.5”. The Zone, on the other hand, lists for 3-4”. However, eye to eye measurement shows the RE’s are shorter by a good 0.5”. When I installed them on my rear at 2.5”, they are about perfectly level. So, go figure

Advertising is advertising. Reality is on the ground. Case in point, the RE1155 advertise for higher lift, 3.5”-4.5”. The Zone, on the other hand, lists for 3-4”. However, eye to eye measurement shows the RE’s are shorter by a good 0.5”. When I installed them on my rear at 2.5”, they are about perfectly level. So, go figure
Thanks, perhaps they can go smaller, but not bigger. I love your comment “Advertising is advertising. Reality is on the ground.”

See if I can revive this lively thread :) Which Ranchos should be ordered with the BDS or Pro Comp springs/coils?

Rancho RS5000X Gas Shocks set compatible with 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ​

OR

Rancho RS5000X Gas Shocks set compatible with 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ with 2-3" lift kits​

• Haha
Reactions: BlueChip
See if I can revive this lively thread :) Which Ranchos should be ordered with the BDS or Pro Comp springs/coils?

Rancho RS5000X Gas Shocks set compatible with 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ​

OR

Rancho RS5000X Gas Shocks set compatible with 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ with 2-3" lift kits​

If you liked this thread, read "Why the hate for snorkels". LMAO. There are some passionate people out there.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueChip