What else do I need with 2" BDS lift?

Do I need adjustable links front and rear for 2.5”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Btw, I mistakenly thought you asked about adjustable control arm (links).

With regard to sway bar links, the factory rears can handle more lift then the fronts. The factory front sway bar links are a ball and socket design that doesn't like to be lifted. Mine broke apart at about 2" of lift.

Reactions: JMT
Btw, I mistakenly thought you asked about adjustable control arm (links).

With regard to sway bar links, the factory rears can handle more lift then the fronts. The factory front sway bar links are a ball and socket design that doesn't like to be lifted. Mine broke apart at about 2" of lift.

What height are you running right now? Do you have a t case drop?

Do you have an aftermarket skid plate? Are your tears still stock?

Savvy skid and Savvy mid arm. There is very little remaining of the stock suspension on mine.

c675eae7feb036bb0fd2d5751f6cb468.jpg

How would this be possible? Coil springs are not adjustable, you're going to get whatever lift the spring provides. Determined by it's spring rate and length.
While the coil isn't adjustable, the weight of your Jeep is. It's pretty cheap and easy to get less lift than your supposed to. :)
5a1c070f89651ff4696f1d2f16c8b645.jpg

Reactions: dla
Why does it say 2-5 inches?

That is likely a general comment for this product line. For the one you are looking at, it specifies the 2" lift height in the description at the bottom.

That is likely a general comment for this product line. For the one you are looking at, it specifies the 2" lift height in the description at the bottom.

Ok, I will probably still net a little more than 2 inches though, right?

Why does it say 2-5 inches?

Because no one knows how much your Jeep weighs except for you, potentially. See that line where it says preset coil with specific spring rate?

My recollection is that BDS coils are 200lbs/in at a linear rate. Meaning that it takes 200 lbs to compress that single spring one inch. And it takes 400 lbs to compress that spring 2". It also takes 200lbs to compress two springs one inch.

-Edit- BDS front coils are 158lbs/in.

Last edited:
Because no one knows how much your Jeep weighs except for you, potentially. See that line where it says preset coil with specific spring rate?

My recollection is that BDS coils are 200lbs/in at a linear rate. Meaning that it takes 200 lbs to compress that single spring one inch.

Ok, I wonder what PC’s are then. Where would it state the spring rate?