What else do I need with 2" BDS lift?

Do you think I’m good with the rear, but should replace the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look to see if you're ok in the rear. I run 2.5-3" in the rear and my brake line was rubbing the sway bar end link on the driver's side. I got some RE1155 end links, if I recall, about $30.

Look to see if you're ok in the rear. I run 2.5-3" in the rear and my brake line was rubbing the sway bar end link on the driver's side. I got some RE1155 end links, if I recall, about $30.

Ok, thanks!

A suggestion. Go a little higher than you want, because you know you're going to want to go bigger anyway. LOL. I'd do 2.5 or 4" lift. These are tried and true and you can always add a 1" BL to bump up a tire size. Think of all the options you have with a 2.5 or 4" SL:

2.5 run 31's
2.5, add a 1-1.25" BL, run 33's
2.5, add a 1-1.25" BL, add high clearance fenders, run 35's

4" run 33's
4", add a 1-1.25" BL, run 35's
4", add a 1-1.25" BL, add high clearance fenders, run 37's

THIS IS SUSPENSION CONSIDERATIONS ONLY. THERE IS MORE TO ADD THE BIGGER YOU GO.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
A suggestion. Go a little higher than you want, because you know you're going to want to go bigger anyway. LOL. I'd do 2.5 or 4" lift. These are tried and true and you can always add a 1" BL to bump up a tire size. Think of all the options you have with a 2.5 or 4" SL:

2.5 run 31's
2.5, add a 1-1.25" BL, run 33's
2.5, add a 1-1.25" BL, add high clearance fenders, run 35's

4" run 33's
4", add a 1-1.25" BL, run 35's
4", add a 1-1.25" BL, add high clearance fenders, run 37's

THIS IS SUSPENSION CONSIDERATIONS ONLY. THERE IS MORE TO ADD THE BIGGER YOU GO.

It is already ordered[emoji24][emoji24]

Yeah, because he told me they would have similar ride height, but he is wrong!![emoji35]

All I know is that if installed on the same Jeep, the front BDS and ProComp springs will have very close to the same ride height. However, the BDS 2" rear will ride a measureable amount taller than the rear PC 2".

Understand that in order to predict the final ride height, you need to know both the spring rate and the free length of a linear rate coil. I have a speadsheet with many different springs entered into it.

All I know is that if installed on the same Jeep, the front BDS and ProComp springs will have very close to the same ride height. However, the BDS 2" rear will ride a measureable amount taller than the rear PC 2".

Understand that in order to predict the final ride height, you need to know both the spring rate and the free length of a linear rate coil. I have a speadsheet with many different springs entered into it.

Do you have the PC’s?

170/in compared to 200/in that isn’t similar.

That isn't how it works. The only thing the rate tells you is how resistant the spring is to compression.

On a given Jeep, a short stiff spring can have the exact same ride height as a long soft spring.

Poor Jerry is going to have to lie down if we start discussing spring rates. :)

You were too quick to quote me... right before I deleted my post! I decided it would be best to stay out of it.;)

170/in compared to 200/in that isn’t similar.

You're confusing spring rates with advertised lift height. Spring manufacturers make different spring rates to handle different vehicle weights.
As an example:

X brand spring advertises a 2" lift for a TJ.
X brand also has an option for a 2" lift for a TJ with heavier aftermarket accessories like a winch, heavier bumper, spare tire carrier, etc.
Both springs will lift your TJ 2". The one with the higher spring rate will take more weight to compress the spring. It doesn't necessarily mean the higher spring rate will raise your jeep more than 2". Folks would choose the higher spring rate with the anticipation that they will be adding more constant weight to the jeep. A winch and bigger front bumper can easily add 150lbs. more weight up front, as is the same if one added a spare tire carrier to fit a bigger tire, or a high maintenance lady who needs everything plus the kitchen sink when you want to take her camping.

Reactions: Bruce20
Do you have the PC’s?

ProComp 2" EXP55297 Front_ 170lbs/in; 17.87" free
BDS 2" 034204 Front _______ 158lbs/in; 18.50" free

ProComp 2" EXP55298 Rear___ 175lbs/in; 13.54" free
BDS 2" 034206 Rear__________ 200lbs/in; 13.75" free

My memory was incorrect in an earlier post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruce20