What game systems, and favorite games?

Has there ever been a video game to movie adaptation that was good? I have to think hard about that one.

Doom was hilarious.

At the time I liked the first Mortal Kombat movie. Cheesy, yes, but still enjoyable.

Tomb Raider was reasonably good.

IMO the best was Prince of Persia. It was fairly close to the games plot, and the acting wasn't terrible. Due to a surprising number of A list actors for a video game movie.

Only game system I really care about is PC. I've been a PC gamer since there was such a thing. Started off with text adventure games, graduated to graphic adventures when they came out. The Sierra "____ Quest" series of games. LucasArts made some good stuff back then too. Once 3D-ish graphics came along I dabbled in shooters like the original Castle Wolfenstein. Then I got heavily addicted to the Wing Commander series.

These days I mostly play MMOs. Spent over a decade playing WoW. Bailed on that earlier this year and I'm currently into FFXIV. Which as much as I hate to say it is a better game than WoW ever was.

My current PC. Custom built, water cooled, insanely expensive. The only toy I have more money in is the TJ.

IMG_20210916_184552497.jpg

I grew up with video games since I can remember, but my favorites are still the original couple Mario games. I followed a few hacks to put nearly all games on the NES (remake) and SNES (remake), anything else I run an emulator for.

I've had a PC through all the mid-later end of this, which reigns champion in my book for playability and not needing a full new system every few years.

NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, GameCube/Xbox, PS3/XBox 360 (rip HD DVD)/Wii (I think this was the same generation), PS4/XBone/Wii U, Switch

These days I mostly play anything with the family, so we play a lot of switch games.

I have a PS4 I haven't turned on or plugged in forever but loved to play red dead redemption, GTA, and Gran Turismo. We also have a Nintendo switch that gets used more often for Mario Cart.

I may not be old enough to have an atari like some of you but I do recall my brother and I convinced my dad to buy a PS2 when we were younger because it cost the same as a blu-ray player at the time but also could play games.

systems: Atari 2600 → Atari 5200 → Playstation 2 → couldn't care less

favorite game:
20211228_003747.jpg

Reactions: Apparition
Back in the day, I loved Hardwar, Crimson Skies and the Descent series. I don't even know if any of these would play on a new PC but back in the Windows 98 days they sure were fun.

I started with C64/128, Intellivision & Atari and just kept going from there. I love platformers like crash bandicoot and mario. FPS going back to Castle Wofenstein, Doom, Duke, Quake, Halflife. Sony's "Wipeout" series (future based, low g, high speed racing) on the Playstation was one of my favorites. The sense of sheer speed at higher levels was unparalleled.

I also dumped hundreds of hours into Skyrim without really trying.

Today I don't really have the time, but I sneak COD mobile and puzzle games (The room series from fireproof games is amazing) help keep the grey matter sharp.

Reactions: suicideking
I really enjoy the Uncharted games the most. Can’t wait until they remaster them for PS5. I love this graphics on this PS5 so much.
I would like this, but I haven't been a member long enough on the TJ site to like it. It is the most epic game I have played on the PS. I still have to finish playing the 5th one I think.

Reactions: Alex01 and Chris
Ah a man of culture. I grinded the crap out of WoT on the xbox back in 2013 2014. I just couldn't go through that again when I finally built my PC lol. I tried playing War Thunder here and there, but I don't have the time to grind it out like I did in the past.

PC = The Master Race.