What has been your favorite understated modification?

I made a couple of action cam mounts for my LJ dashboard … basically angle iron and RAM mounts. They're handy to have in the Jeep and are also close at hand if you want to take them with you. They also mount on my kayaks and bikes. I think I've shown the mount in the middle here before. I made it for my GPS.

View attachment 118785View attachment 118786

This is very nicely done. What do you use to attach your phone/gps to that mount? I have been wanting to make something like this for my Jeep. I have a magnetic phone holder and case that a small thin flat piece of metal inside, so it's a breeze to mount the phone on and off. But the bottom is the usual suction attachment that tends to fall of when the jeep gets hot inside.

This is very nicely done. What do you use to attach your phone/gps to that mount? I have been wanting to make something like this for my Jeep. I have a magnetic phone holder and case that a small thin flat piece of metal inside, so it's a breeze to mount the phone on and off. But the bottom is the usual suction attachment that tends to fall of when the jeep gets hot inside.
Thanks. Post #57 of this thread shows a few close ups. Basically I removed the centre dashboard fascia and screwed a block of nylon to it from the underside. The mount is a combination of a speaker mount and the original Garmin mounting bracket that I attached together with J-B Weld.

One of many...
Switch mounted to rear seat belt housing for turning on interior lights.
ljswitch.png

on this note,
my passenger door loop ripped out, I never have a passenger, the door gets opened once a week.....
the drivers door which gets flung open several times a day is like new...
go figure.

I figure my wife is learning to wrench and switched straps just to fuuuck with me.

Too f'n funny if that's what happened...