What has been your favorite understated modification?

How did you do this?
There are a few places that sell the seat risers. Some are aluminum and others are poly. I got some from Fat Bobs Garage for about $30. The originals were made by Buchanan. Some have fabbed up a set of their own. Really helps you feel like you’re not sitting in a can

I bought longer bolts and cut pipe to 1.25". But don't buy hardware store bolts. That inside rear bolt holds the seat belt. Replace it with at least the same Grade as you remove. Or you can buy kits to do it thru most 4x4 aftermarket businesses.

Before you do it, consider why Jeep lowered the seats. They found the airbags work better if you are sitting lower.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I would love to get lower seats so anyone willing to trade in the Vegas area ;) Mine are the 97 style that are higher than the newer tj style.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I deleted the stereo entirely and added a Bluetooth amp. Now I just use my phone as my radio, and have a blank in the dash for all my switches. Nothing visible to steal when the top is off too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smart... smart... post us some write up pls.

Smart... smart... post us some write up pls.

I did not take pictures along the way, but I could definitely take some pictures now if everything and post it. I am still cleaning things up and I am changing my switches out tonight with some good quality push button switches. I’ll let you know and throw a link in here when I get done tonight.

Reactions: ThatsilverTJ
I removed the ash tray and added another stock switch panel that matched the one next to it. So now I have left and right switch panels,
I also added an inside winch switch under the switch panel with push button in and outs.

20171119_224412 (1).jpg
and I

So I did not do a write up really. I just took some pictures from while I was doing other work in the garage....

Here is what you see in my dash ... (I am replacing those cheap switches currently)
f640cc7f22ad0b59c93add69b781caef.jpg

This is the Bluetooth controller I added that came with the Amp .... I used epoxy putty to build up the plastic the way I wanted it...

1221f327b4c1795dd75b5d2dd4a92baf.jpg

What you see when locked up...
bef14497cf2ede38696cfa59d22294e4.jpg

And the Amp bolted to the locked glovebox floor...
905ada22539aa50ece57946b575eda83.jpg

ca583f5f2f98bfe0f9b13305ab934e56.jpg

I am using the factory stereo harness, wires and amp. I replaced the sub with a cheap $30 dual voice coil sub from Amazon that works with the factory amp, and I replaced the speakers in the dash and sound bar with $180 worth of Kenwood speakers. It sounds great and you really can't see anything. It keeps people from messing with anything inside.

I'll look for a link to the sub, speakers, and amp so if anyone else wants they could use the same thing.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
But my post was about the dual switch cowlings haha!

The shifters and knobs are a pretty cool understated mod!

In all fairness, the way that picture is taken those shift knobs are pretty much in your face! :D

Reactions: ac_
If you can successfully capture a small dragon from the Amazon, you can stuff it inside the seat and train him to keep your butt warm on a cold day.

Tech Era Carbon Fiber Seat Heater Kit Hi/Lo Setting, 2 Seats https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008D2LIRG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

2003 Rubicon

You have seat covers and put them under? or did you actually pull the tabs or hooks and remove the factory cover ?

You have seat covers and put them under? or did you actually pull the tabs or hooks and remove the factory cover ?
Mine are just stuck to the factory seat fabric and covered with wool saddle blankets. Though plenty of people have loosened the fabric and slid the heat pads inside the seats.

Reactions: ThatsilverTJ
definitely the Bartact paracord grab handles, use them every time I get in/out & when wheeling that seems like 100 times in a day; these are very well made & I swing like a monkey on these puppies, I can see how a cheap crappy set would've torn by now

IMG_2418.JPG

jjvw, I was looking at the spray nozzles in your build thread the other day, thats something I want to do. Ive had those before on a Silverado and I absolutely loved them. . One thing I have really enjoyed since installing is the 90s mustang dead pedal (also copied from jjvw, and others). I use it way more than I ever anticipated.

dead.jpg

Next would probably be the dome over ride switch. I copied the design from the one on q-tec that costs $30. I had all the parts, including the two-throw switch. Took me maybe 30 min to make. Easier than pulling a fuse behind the glovebox. No one has ever commented on it. I also like to use it when I park in what I think are shady areas, thinking that maybe when they open the door and have no light they'll leave it be, or at least make theft minimal...but I doubt it does that:watchout:

IMG_1836.JPG