What is the best replacement soft top for my Jeep Wrangler TJ?

If anyone is curious... i have the cheap sierra offroad top, dark khaki... and it is still doing well.

2 years old
I'll report back next year.

How’s the top holding up?

Still going strong.... 7/10

Windows are still clear.

Rear zippers are stubborn at the top and left corners. Possibly due to bad technique... too much tension on top while unzipping.

A few pin holes in top... but i remedied with goop.

Biggest complaint is it is really loud in the jeep. I think it is because the velcro loosened, which can be easily reset to original position.

Consider8ng how rough/abusive I am with it... for $200 bucks.. I am good with the purchase. I expect a couple more years from it.

Pic from Yesterday...

20210423_111852.jpg

20210423_111911.jpg

Reactions: red02tj
How’s the overall fitment, my Bestop is from 09 and it’s seen better days, gaps on the corners + industrial adhesive holding sections together.

91AA870A-D75E-4DBC-AC17-FBCAD8AA756A.jpeg

F027D9A2-5279-4A18-9586-1FA538C799C4.jpeg

28C35D52-1466-46E2-90FB-6B92000C7249.jpeg

Does anyone know how to identify which soft top frame is which? I've identified my fabric as Rampage, but assume that I must get replacement fabric specific to the frame, which could be Rampage or OEM?

And how do you learn to always look in "TJ Resources" before spending a day sorting through posts to get good information?

I just bought a Bestop Supertop Black Twill top and new fiberglass black sliders from Bulldawgmfg.com which are so much better then the thin fabric which can be lifted out (for some reason Bulldawg they calls them doors) which will look great with the new top. At the moment I just removed the huge gaudy Bestop logo from it using VLR (Letter Removing Solvent). Its what print screeners use when they mess up a shirt and does NOT fade the fabric. You can buy it on Amazon or other places on the web for those of you who don't want the huge tramp stamp. Being I had gone to Bestop and they didn't show the logo and are using deceptive photos and along with a store flat out lied to me that the top didn't come with it. well that did it and I took it off and I left a nice lil review which Bestop has left on their site warning others.

VLR.jpg

BestopLogo.jpg

BestoplogoOFF.jpg

I just bought a Bestop Supertop Black Twill top and new fiberglass black sliders from Bulldawgmfg.com which are so much better then the thin fabric which can be lifted out (for some reason Bulldawg they calls them doors) which will look great with the new top. At the moment I just removed the huge gaudy Bestop logo from it using VLR (Letter Removing Solvent). Its what print screeners use when they mess up a shirt and does NOT fade the fabric. You can buy it on Amazon or other places on the web for those of you who don't want the huge tramp stamp. Being I had gone to Bestop and they didn't show the logo and are using deceptive photos and along with a store flat out lied to me that the top didn't come with it. well that did it and I took it off and I left a nice lil review which Bestop has left on their site warning others.

View attachment 259329

View attachment 259330

View attachment 259331
Walk us thru the removal process? How did you do it?

Hi Erick & everyone. It took a lil bit of elbow grease to get off the logo being its thin heat set vinyl. If it were a heavy heat transfer you'd just be able to pull it off with the VLR as that's what its really made for. OK, it took me 25-30 minutes with a towel and soft tooth brush. I drug the back end of my new soft top out of the box and laid a towel on the floor just in case of drips. I got the underside of where the logo was completely drenched first with the VLR vinyl solvent and then got all the fabric where the logo was. I let it sit for a minute. Then I took another towel and folded it over and started to rub the logo from the back onto the old towel. Much came off that way but I hear others just did the back then wet the front and started in with a soft brush or took a soft brush to it. Afterwards I just continued to keep it wet and used an old very soft toothbrush to softly work it away and kept keeping it wet on the front and back till it was all removed. Then took another old towel and wiped it down with cold water. I let it dry and you cant tell it was there.
I hoped that helped.

Hi Erick & everyone. It took a lil bit of elbow grease to get off the logo being its thin heat set vinyl. If it were a heavy heat transfer you'd just be able to pull it off with the VLR as that's what its really made for. OK, it took me 25-30 minutes with a towel and soft tooth brush. I drug the back end of my new soft top out of the box and laid a towel on the floor just in case of drips. I got the underside of where the logo was completely drenched first with the VLR vinyl solvent and then got all the fabric where the logo was. I let it sit for a minute. Then I took another towel and folded it over and started to rub the logo from the back onto the old towel. Much came off that way but I hear others just did the back then wet the front and started in with a soft brush or took a soft brush to it. Afterwards I just continued to keep it wet and used an old very soft toothbrush to softly work it away and kept keeping it wet on the front and back till it was all removed. Then took another old towel and wiped it down with cold water. I let it dry and you cant tell it was there.
I hoped that helped.
Great idea. You're right that the black top looks good as new, but I would love to know if it removing it from the Spice colored top will still leave no trace.

Reactions: randy328
Great idea. You're right that the black top looks good as new, but I would love to know if it removing it from the Spice colored top will still leave no trace.
It should work the same way. As you can see it didn't fade the fabric in the pictures of my top I posted it didn't bleach out the black twill. Well it shouldn't as it does not contain any chlorinated solvents.
Some people who do heat transfers on tee shirts for a living do say on some Black tee shirts they've had bleed through but I had no problems at all being that the twill was a different material then a cotton tee shirt. The only thing I can say honestly is to get some VLR put some on a spot where its not noticeable.