What is the weather like where you live?

Right now it's 6*. Earlier when I was plowing the neighborhood, it was 12*.
The forecast in the next few days is, highs in the teens and lows down to -6*.

well wtf.

Weatherman missed a bit. Today was supposed to start out at 43 and gradually sink to 38, and the real crap was waiting for tomorrow.

I woke up to 19. That's a 50+ drop in 12 hours.

Big change in the weather overnight. The weather may earn me a day off and less Jeep money on my paycheck.
I’ll say so! It’s supposed to rain tomorrow. It went from about 80 to 67 and then in the 50s tomorrow 😮

Rainy days cost me Jeep money. Concrete isn't being poured on rainy days. ☹️
oh yes it is... just gotta spend more time and make a visqueen tent.

our soil is frozen about 3-4' deep here. boss had a trailer show up on the construction site with a diesel furnace inside, recirculating pump, several hundred feet of hose & reflective heat blankets. yesterday the soil was thawed deep enough inside the garage of the house and the exterior porch that the soil was workable & concrete was poured. the diesel salamander heaters are still running under the drapery of visqueen but its entirely manageable :LOL: frost laws are gonna come into effect soon around here and the trucks won't be capable of driving heavy loads on the roads for a few months though.

our soil is frozen about 3-4' deep here. boss had a trailer show up on the construction site with a diesel furnace inside, recirculating pump, several hundred feet of hose & reflective heat blankets. yesterday the soil was thawed deep enough inside the garage of the house and the exterior porch that the soil was workable & concrete was poured. the diesel salamander heaters are still running under the drapery of visqueen but its entirely manageable :LOL: frost laws are gonna come into effect soon around here and the trucks won't be capable of driving heavy loads on the roads for a few months though.
Are frost laws so big trucks cant drive on soggy spring roads

well the freezing rain didnt seem to occur overnight. by about mid afternoon the temp dropped to about 32F and ice began slightly forming on the trees. currently the pines have a thin coating of ice. rain stopped about 2 hours ago, yards are ponding roads are puddled. expect to see some nasty ice in the morning in the areas the salt trucks dont get to.

slipped and slid on the grass and dirt all day. went to close the door on the truck and ended up pushing myself away from the truck and the door remained open. was a great day for the high possibility of falling on my ass.

6E86152A-DAEA-485F-9294-153988453768.jpeg

How big a tent to cover the foundation of a new Amazon warehouse?

• Haha
Reactions: freedom_in_4low
How big a tent to cover the foundation of a new Amazon warehouse?
Haha. I know what you mean. Near my work is a Google data center. The central building was originally constructed as a Pepsi bottling plant. Expressing its size in square feet would be silly; acres is better. Other than the Pentagon, it's the biggest building I've ever seen in terms of ground area.

Reactions: RINC
gonna have to figure out the square footage, thats for sure. im sure amazon has some pallets of visqueen floating around nearby :ROFLMAO:

Big, big things going on around these parts. We got a computer chip plant going in up in north Phoenix. 3 plants we haul to. 2 on site, one off site. Each plant has 4 of our guppies.
20191009_164728.jpg

Not mention every concrete company in the Phoenix area is helping out. Big, big jobs.

gonna have to figure out the square footage, thats for sure. im sure amazon has some pallets of visqueen floating around nearby :ROFLMAO:

That whole idea reminds me of something we built some years back at work.

When stripping and repainting the decks on aircraft carriers, they put up a tent over an area, our equipment dehumidifies the interior of the tent so they can get it painted before it rusts. Then they move the tent and do another area.

It was a fun challenge. Most HVAC equipment takes one truck ride, gets put in place and never moved again, so it was a whole new set of considerations to make something with forklift pockets that would be moved on a weekly basis.

Reactions: Potomus Pete