What lift for 33s?

I think people are somewhat put off by body lifts because we've all seen Wranglers like this one.

71485433_2409224772466808_7945345599568609280_-jpg.jpg

There are quite a few in this area with the 3" pucks that just look awful.

But hey, it looks like it would be easy to clean up the frame on it.

So I did some research and I think I'm going with the Zone 3in. lift and adj. front track bar. Its way less than what I had in mind to spend too. Are there any other components I need besides the track bar to get the geometry correct? And is there anything I am overlooking?

So I did some research and I think I'm going with the Zone 3in. lift and adj. front track bar. Its way less than what I had in mind to spend too. Are there any other components I need besides the track bar to get the geometry correct? And is there anything I am overlooking?

Consider a transfer case cable shifter. Consider adding a BMB body lift. Start educating about shocks and shock travel and how to setup bumpstops correctly. There are couple very good thread on this forum for bumpstops, look it up.

I personally did the 3" with adjustable track bars front and back from zone on my personal rig (running 31's at the moment) no body lift either. So far happy with the build and have had it for a year or two so far. Read up on the forums also and see what you want to do with your jeep and goals. You'll find yourself going down a rabbit hole and ordering parts after parts because you want to change something later on. Happy Jeep'in!

Reactions: TheBoogieman

Disconnects if you need/want them. I've had several Zone lifts with Rancho RS5000X shocks. I prefer the 4.25" combo lift with the stock control arms. Cheap and easy to replace if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danarch

That amount of lift will be on the borderline for driveline vibrations.

You may get them, you may not.

If you do, you will need a SYE kit.

JKS 3" Jspec kit. 100% complete with everything you need. And in your price range.

I have that kit and 33s. Been running it for a little over two years and super happy with it 😁

I have the 2 inch JKS kit. Netted close to 3 " in front, and 2.5 rear, and put 1.25 body lift. My 33x12.5x15's clear, and have plenty of space. Nice thing about the JKS, is you don't need to add extra parts like sway bad disconnects and adjustable track bars. The other thing we did, was to replace all the rubber parts underneath, as S. FL heat really deteriorated the parts. All said and done, we were just over the upper end of your budget, not including tires.

The ride of the TJ is really close to being on par with how it handled when stock... we have owned this vehicle since new, so we kinda know... Before the lift, I preferred driving my Gladiator, as it had the better ride due to the longer wheelbase, but now I enjoy the TJ much more.

Reactions: CMBD
I have the 2 inch JKS kit. Netted close to 3 " in front, and 2.5 rear, and put 1.25 body lift. My 33x12.5x15's clear, and have plenty of space. Nice thing about the JKS, is you don't need to add extra parts like sway bad disconnects and adjustable track bars. The other thing we did, was to replace all the rubber parts underneath, as S. FL heat really deteriorated the parts. All said and done, we were just over the upper end of your budget, not including tires.

The ride of the TJ is really close to being on par with how it handled when stock... we have owned this vehicle since new, so we kinda know... Before the lift, I preferred driving my Gladiator, as it had the better ride due to the longer wheelbase, but now I enjoy the TJ much more.

The 100% complete part was awesome. Went with the 3" and no body lift after reading the guide on here. Super happy with the ride compared to stock. Much nicer now.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi