What's everyone's gas mileage?

15mpg around town on summer mix. 17.2 mpg on highway with summer mix. 4.0 liter 4.88 gears and 35s. It goes down a bit in the winter.

you just need to be a little bit schizophrenic that way one can lie to the others and say that it's GREAT! then everyone is happy , p.s. I used to be schizophrenic but after years of treatment WE'RE OK NOW 😁

2006 4.0 automatic with Banks turbo/intercooler and monster exhaust. 13-14 in town, 17-18 on highway. Turbo does not increase fuel economy, just makes the smiles bigger.
Since this post I replaced the 3” short arm lift with a 4” long arm lift, 3.73 gears with 4.88 gears, a cherry bomb type of exhaust (lift wouldn’t fit with the monster exhaust) and the 33 “ tires with 35” tires. I did reprogram the computer for the turbo. I still get 13 in town, but dropped to 15 on the highway. I now carry a gas can with a couple gallons of gas just in case when on the trails.

Since this post I replaced the 3” short arm lift with a 4” long arm lift, 3.73 gears with 4.88 gears, a cherry bomb type of exhaust (lift wouldn’t fit with the monster exhaust) and the 33 “ tires with 35” tires. I did reprogram the computer for the turbo. I still get 13 in town, but dropped to 15 on the highway. I now carry a gas can with a couple gallons of gas just in case when on the trails.
And you get much more fpg! Fun per gallon!

more than knowing my mpg, I wanted to know my tank capacity, which is 15 gallons. After this tank of gas, I’ll drop it and do the mod by cutting the vent tube to increase my tank capacity to 19 gallons.

What is summer mix? Here it is 100% gasoline year round.
Summer gas doesn't evaporate as easily, costs more to make and normally results in slightly better fuel economy. There's a map here that shows where you run into the stuff but the rules change pretty often and I don't know how current this is:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/summer-blend-and-winter-blend-gasoline
I live right on the border between two zones which is great. The stations that sell the more expensive blend are forced to compete with stations that sell the cheaper blends so you can get the good stuff for less if you pay attention not that it matters much.

Reactions: Doug-AK
Summer gas doesn't evaporate as easily, costs more to make and normally results in slightly better fuel economy. There's a map here that shows where you run into the stuff but the rules change pretty often and I don't know how current this is:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/go/summer-blend-and-winter-blend-gasoline
I live right on the border between two zones which is great. The stations that sell the more expensive blend are forced to compete with stations that sell the cheaper blends so you can get the good stuff for less if you pay attention not that it matters much.
Oh! Living in Alaska, we only get the winter blend. It’s usually winter, just about winter, was just winter or that sunny warm day we all call in sick from work!

Mine is an all stock 2004 SE 2.4l, 5 speed manual on 31x10.5x15 tires when I got it back from the shop after getting a super tune up and some other maintenance done I filled the tank, ran it empty and calculated my mileage at 18mpg. I just filled the tank the other day and I will calculate it again. The Jeep has 193k on it but we don't know how many miles on the engine, it has been replaced with a remanufactured engine but not sure when.

Reactions: Doug-AK
checked mine the last 2 fill up's. 1st was 20 and 2nd was 17. now i dont push it hard, have 32's and 3.07 with 5 speed 4.0. i'll keep checking it the next few tanks and see what it averages over a couple tanks....

Reactions: John Cooper
checked mine the last 2 fill up's. 1st was 20 and 2nd was 17. now i dont push it hard, have 32's and 3.07 with 5 speed 4.0. i'll keep checking it the next few tanks and see what it averages over a couple tanks....
i have basically the same setup and last tank was 16.25 and the one before was 17
depends how and where i'm driving it

It seems I screwed up the conversions from kilometers to miles and liters to US Gallons. I did it again and it came to 15.2ish. My speedo is in KM and I buy fuel in liters, so it's a little bit more complicated to get the gas mileage in MPG.
Easy fix! just talk to 99.9% of the world lol, what are you getting per litre? I am only getting 6.5 ish so way down for stock wheels/tires on long gearing, I believe you are about the same.
thats 15.5 litres per 100 and its terrible in any language lol

Last edited: