What's the most important mod?

Is the cage tied into the frame? If not there is a large increase that the “floor plates” can punch right through the floor...if that happens, whats the point of them?

View attachment 85272
You can tie it into the frame like that is as many places as you like and that won't make it a cage. The structure has to take into account essentially the entire frame, X through the firewall in the dash area, windshield V bar into that X, forward from the door bars through the engine compartment to pick up the front of the frame, and frame tie ins that don't really have that much flat angle to them, X under the door bars or diagonal to transfer to the engine compartment tie ins, on and on. No one will daily drive a rig with a cage in it.

What are your thoughts on the A-pillar formed plates vs a tube? The plates pretty much rule out a door bar, but my Jeep is my daily so I don't really want a door bar. Have you seen how the formed plates hold up in a serious roll over?
No sanctioning body allows the bent plates as an A pillar.

Put a few rigs on the race course for something like KOH and you'll quickly discover the difference between what any manufacturer says and reality. By the time you get the cage built and get it to pass tech, it will be made of 2" .120 wall DOM since you will be above the weight limit for 1.75" .120 wall. That and door bars so you have to climb in the window are mandatory and part of the cage.

They can call it whatever they like. You can believe them or the reality of what constitutes a cage or not.
I get your response, just don’t get your motive, I haven’t put any rigs on the KOH course, BUT I have held a NASCAR drivers license and have built a number of dirt oval cars when I was younger and could climb in and out of the race car without holding my breath.

I get your response, just don’t get your motive, I haven’t put any rigs on the KOH course, BUT I have held a NASCAR drivers license and have built a number of dirt oval cars when I was younger and could climb in and out of the race car without holding my breath.
The motive is simple, education and clarity. That and I don't want folks to have a false sense of security about something they may use to put themselves in a position where their life depends on the definition.

If you built a dirt oval car that had full doors that open, I would really like to see those pictures.

The motive is simple, education and clarity. That and I don't want folks to have a false sense of security about something they may use to put themselves in a position where their life depends on the definition.

If you built a dirt oval car that had full doors that open, I would really like to see those pictures.
Who said the doors opened, they were just skins. Again your problem is with the manufacturer calling them full cages, I’ll use aftermarket from here on out.

My vote for for the best (and simultaneously the worst) mod on my Jeep is the regear :ROFLMAO:
I’m in with saying regear, but I don’t consider it a mod ...I consider it a correction . Either way , it gets you good performance back with oversized tires.

Otherwise , and I be thought about this a while ....my hard wired /in the mirror rear view camera is important if it keeps me from hurting someone .

Most enjoyable - seat heaters and Bartact covers. What I like most about them is they aren’t slick but you can get in and out easily ...the fabric reminds me of the material the CJ-7’s had .

Somewhere my hard top comes in ...it’s not essential , soft tops are sooo good from the yj era forward...but I enjoy it .

You know , modified or not , a TJ is a pretty great all around package . I mean that . Even bone stock. If you have had jeeps over the decades , you know what I mean.

Who said the doors opened, they were just skins. Again your problem is with the manufacturer calling them full cages, I’ll use aftermarket from here on out.
No, my problem is with folks who believe the manufacturer to suit their own definition. It is either a cage or it ain't and you can change the words all you like, you just can't change the functionality. If you know the doors were skins, then you also know you were climbing in the window which was my original point all along.

No, my problem is with folks who believe the manufacturer to suit their own definition. It is either a cage or it ain't and you can change the words all you like, you just can't change the functionality. If you know the doors were skins, then you also know you were climbing in the window which was my original point all along.
Well I apologize for using the adjective “full” while describing my aftermarket roll bar.
I thought it was clear that I understood you when you asked the question “Does it have door bars that you have to climb over to enter and exit the vehicle? That’s why I said “Obviously not and I know where this is going.
Being a window installer, I feel the same way when people call an opening a window. A window is what goes into an opening.

... and recovery points. No one wants to waste an hour of their day waiting for you to improvise a recovery point because you decided to run without shackles and you're fender deep in mud.

If we want to broaden this to important accessories, I was able to really appreciate soft shackles yesterday. We had a guy roll over onto his side while climbing tall ledge. I ran up and quickly tied a soft shackle onto the frame below the door for the winch line. We could have done it without, but the versatility of the soft shackle made the job that much easier to attach where there isn't a recovery point.

If we want to broaden this to important accessories, I was able to really appreciate soft shackles yesterday. We had a guy roll over onto his side while climbing tall ledge. I ran up and quickly tied a soft shackle onto the frame below the door for the winch line. We could have done it without, but the versatility of the soft shackle made the job that much easier to attach where there isn't a recovery point.

Nice! Can you provide a link to what you've got? I'd snap up one or two of those.

I bought two of these earlier this year...
https://www.4lowparts.com/shop/soft-shackle/I'll get two more soon.

The soft shackles also worked well last week when I needed to bring an Ikea flat pack back home on the roof of the Jeep. I used one on the front hoop and a second on the tire carrier to help attach the ratchet straps.