Idaho Whats the wheeling like?

Midnight LJR

In search of Rubicon flares.
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Assuming all this virus stuff blows over, my wife and I will be going to visit family in Idaho for about 3 weeks this summer.

Whats is the wheeling like out there, is there any, any famous trails etc? We will be in the Lewiston area but I don't mind driving 6+ hours I am looking forward to exploring what the state has to offer, but don't know much about.

I'm in Lewiston. My answer isn't much help yet as I just moved here in October from Montana and started building my Jeep and old Chevy for wheeling and have not been out much. And I have been super busy with work and life.

I have been spending every weekend possible lately installing parts on my Jeep instead of getting out so far. But If I find any and remember this thread I'll chime back in.

I have heard from co-workers that the wilderness is fairly open here, but that areas to wheel may not be well marked, it's sort of a hey didn't you know that you can really have fun in area "X" and its open legally. So we'll see.

I'm in Lewiston. My answer isn't much help yet as I just moved here in October from Montana and started building my Jeep and old Chevy for wheeling and have not been out much. And I have been super busy with work and life.

I have been spending every weekend possible lately installing parts on my Jeep instead of getting out so far. But If I find any and remember this thread I'll chime back in.

I have heard from co-workers that the wilderness is fairly open here, but that areas to wheel may not be well marked, it's sort of a hey didn't you know that you can really have fun in area "X" and its open legally. So we'll see.

Nice, how you liking Lewiston? Does it get a lot of snow?

Nice, how you liking Lewiston? Does it get a lot of snow?

I like it. I moved here for work with my GF. It does not snow a lot in town. But, it does nearby, alot. Town is like 750 ft above sea level at the shop, our house rises to 1400FT just going up the hill. And if you hit anywhere in the hills nearby it rises to 3000-5000+ Feet fast.

It is about 10 degrees warmer year round and snows alot less than where I moved from in Montana, Missoula area. There is a 4x4 club that I have been meaning to check out here also. They will know whats up around here I'm sure. That was the only way i learned much around Missoula/Western Montana about wheeling.

Assuming all this virus stuff blows over, my wife and I will be going to visit family in Idaho for about 3 weeks this summer.

Whats is the wheeling like out there, is there any, any famous trails etc? We will be in the Lewiston area but I don't mind driving 6+ hours I am looking forward to exploring what the state has to offer, but don't know much about.
Did you find any nice trails ? We are considering a trip to northern Idaho and of course taking the jeep. Also considering Sedona AZ

Got lucky it did fine. How about yours?
Us too, but not everyone was as lucky

IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7966.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg

IMG_7979.jpg