What's your wiring setup?

kiwi

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
The more mods i add to my jeep the more i need to figure out a better solution for wiring them all to the battery. Wanting to see everyone's wiring setups and how it's working. So far i'm mainly looking at getting a distribution block, anyone got any other suggestions?

As it stands I have the cigarette lighter wiring tapped as a source for power. I also have 4 fuse taps in my under dash fuse box. It’s an ok way to do things, but I am not 100% happy with it. Gets to looking a bit cluttered…
Granted I do not have any crazy high power demand add-ons to where that solution didn’t work out perfectly fine…
The one thing I did that I am completely happy with is I installed a block that I ran all my grounds to that shares the factory passenger’s side kick panel ground location…
In the end I realized I should have just installed a supplemental fuse block for all my additional wiring…

Reactions: kiwi
I use a cheap distribution block from ebay that is capable of 100 amps. I have a 2 gauge wire from the battery powering the block, and it is grounded to a common ground near the driver side headlight. Everything from that is tied into a relay to shut the power off when the accessory is off. It has been there for maybe two years now and hasn't had any issues. Powers both heated seats, an amp, rock lights and and on board air.

20200301_171523.jpg

I use a cheap distribution block from ebay that is capable of 100 amps. I have a 2 gauge wire from the battery powering the block, and it is grounded to a common ground near the driver side headlight. Everything from that is tied into a relay to shut the power off when the accessory is off. It has been there for maybe two years now and hasn't had any issues. Powers both heated seats, an amp, rock lights and and on board air.

View attachment 265321
MMMMMM heated seats. Solid. Not everything has to be super fancy or expensive.

Reactions: kiwi