Wheel spacers installed, back tires now squeaking?

Jaysbr

Hey all, new member here. I bought an ‘04 LJ a couple of weeks ago. It came with a set of brand new 35x12.5’s so I had 1.5” hub centric wheel spacers put on today as the tires were rubbing. Problem is now that when I turn (under 10-20km/h) I’m getting a squealing sound from the back tires and upon checking them when I got home it looks like I’ve lost about 2mm of tread and there’s almost a road rash on them. I went to a reputable (or so I thought) mechanic who did this and said the wheels could go full turn without touching the body now which is a lie because at full turn I’m still pushed up against the fender. I was under the impression if I threw 1.5 inch spacers on I should be able to ride on 35’s without issue. Any help is appreciated as I don’t want to have to replace the back tires and at the rate the tread is wearing that would likely be less than a month.

I had similar problems with the rear tires spinning on tight slow turns. When I got my detroit installed in the rear it got much worse as the locker sort of exaggerated the issue. It turned out to be the bushings in the rear upper control arms being installed wrong and cooking the control arms themselves, creating a lot of unnecessary movement in the rear suspension (in turn, causing the auto locker to not 'unlock'). Not sure if the spacers could be picking up on a similar issue, due to a change in turning radius geometry, but it can't hurt to have a look.

Hey all, new member here. I bought an ‘04 LJ a couple of weeks ago. It came with a set of brand new 35x12.5’s so I had 1.5” hub centric wheel spacers put on today as the tires were rubbing. Problem is now that when I turn (under 10-20km/h) I’m getting a squealing sound from the back tires and upon checking them when I got home it looks like I’ve lost about 2mm of tread and there’s almost a road rash on them. I went to a reputable (or so I thought) mechanic who did this and said the wheels could go full turn without touching the body now which is a lie because at full turn I’m still pushed up against the fender. I was under the impression if I threw 1.5 inch spacers on I should be able to ride on 35’s without issue. Any help is appreciated as I don’t want to have to replace the back tires and at the rate the tread is wearing that would likely be less than a month.

How much lift? How much bump stop extension?

Post some pics up, and list what else you e done to be able to run 35's.

If it's not lifted with extended bump stops, then I imagine you'll be rubbing bad!