When is there not a point of weight reduction?

I honestly just thought I was pushing it too hard because it only does it at that high rpms and hasn’t done it since I stopped pushing it that hard

2.5 with 35s and 5.13. Not a hwy speed demon. But being light is a good thing. My doubler changed the way I think of this thing on the trail too.

C08CF95D-C922-4BC0-9F55-E1C8FB1B2F2E.jpeg

2.5 with 35s and 5.13. Not a hwy speed demon. But being light is a good thing. My doubler changed the way I think of this thing on the trail too.

View attachment 334450

I’m okay with it not being a highway demon I just want to be able to drive it on the highway, most of what I take is a speed limit of 65 and I’m going 10 under in that.

Hills and wind are not our friend. Flat land I can do 70-75. I’m thinking about a Stroker 2.5 when the time comes. That could be 20 ish HP. Which would be a substantial gain.

Could be a intermittent ignition issue? Bad coil that only shows at higher RPM's? Does it do it in any gear? Like in 1st and you rev it to 5k?

I think weight really matters a lot, at least if you wheel hard. It's less fighting against you getting up and over stuff. For the daily use, it's more peppy when lighter. You'd have to run the numbers to know how much you could reasonable lose though (net the weight of aluminum vs steel).

Reactions: tworley and jjvw
I think weight really matters a lot, at least if you wheel hard. It's less fighting against you getting up and over stuff. For the daily use, it's more peppy when lighter. You'd have to run the numbers to know how much you could reasonable lose though (net the weight of aluminum vs steel).

Agreed. Any chance to reduce weight or not add more than is necessary is worthwhile. I was able to get rid of over 150lbs from the rear a while back and it was very noticable both on and off road.

Reactions: tworley and rasband