Which 4" Springs for 35s?

Jack_Stefan

TJ Enthusiast
Hello, im planning to buy some 35"s pretty soon and wanted some feedback on what springs to buy. Here is my current build:

Image from iOS (44).jpg
  • Dana 30/44
  • 15" aluminum Quadratec wheels
  • DPG- Ultimate Lift Kit with long tube shocks
    • 2.5" OME Springs
    • JKS Front/Rear track bar
    • JKS Adj Rear Swaybar End Links
    • JKS Disco
    • Extended SS Brakelines
    • OME Nitro Shocks
    • OME Springs
    • Brown Dog Motor Mount
    • JKS 1.25″ Body Lift
    • DPG 2″ Extended Bump stops
  • SYE Kit w/Adams Driveshaft
  • Core 4x4 Tier 3 control arms
  • 5.13 Gears
  • Revolution Chromoly Axles upfront
  • Black Magic Big Brake Kit. Ty blaine!
  • ZJ steering upgrade
  • Mountain Offroad Heavy Duty Motor Brackets
  • Savvy Transfercase Cable Shifter
  • 1.5" Spring Spacer up front
  • Monroe Steering Damper
  • E Locker Rear
  • Auto Locker Front

I like rock crawling. Right now the ride is stiff and sharp, which i like but it does bounce in the rear ALOT. Maybe its my OME shocks? Doubt its the springs idk.

I want to keep my fenders. I dont like how aftermarket fenders look. I'm okay with maybe sacrificing a little bit of flex to keep my fenders. What brand of springs should i buy? and is 4" springs + my 1.25" body lift enough for 35"s?

Reactions: JMT
Thats good to hear, and theyre local/nearby.

Is there any competition to rockjock

Depends. If your suspension isn't set up to have as much downtravel, then you may not need more free length than the next closest spring. I'm not 100% positive that I do, but I know the unknown brand springs I had before would come loose about 3/4-1" before the shock reached full extension, and the Rockjock's are still tight in the perches at that point. But there are some that would say 11" Ranchos are too long for a shortarms suspension, and if I had the next shorter shock I might not need the extra spring length.

Another vote for Currie/Rock Jock. Longest free length and coil bind somewhere around 4"

Reactions: JMT

I want to keep my fenders. I dont like how aftermarket fenders look. I'm okay with maybe sacrificing a little bit of flex to keep my fenders. What brand of springs should i buy?
Keep your factory flares. They don't limit clearance. And it takes some effort to get to the point where sheet metal gets in the way.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep and D M
Can you expand on this? Are they rough riding?

That's the subject people are hinting at. There are those that will argue til they're blue in the face that springs make a jeep ride rough but it just isn't the case for any commercially available spring for the TJ. The shock determines your ride quality.

Even if the spring set the ride quality, the fact that rockjock has a very long free length and a short compressed length means the spring rate is low and it would be one of the softest options there are.

Reactions: tworley and jjvw