Which headlights to get

So the gf isn't happy with the lack of illumination. We were considering some of those led's. They look nice but which ones aren't going to be duds after six months. Any good brands that last? She wants the ones with the halo's around them.

i recently got Quadratec headlights and they rock. If your worried about them being duds get truck lites they have something like a 20 year warranty. Jw speaker are excellent but not worth the extra money in my opinion.

Reactions: Ryan Thomas

Yes, check this out, it's very informative.

I think that the best LED headlights out there for the TJ are arguably the Truck Lites or the JW Speakers. The Quadratecs are also awesome as well (they are pretty much copies of the Truck Lites).

Check out this thread for links to all of the options:
http://wranglertjforum.com/threads/headlight-upgrade-options.538/

I am no LED headlight expert but I'd certainly put a lot of things ahead of any requirement they have the halo effect. When I get the $$$, I'll be going with something like a Truck Lite or JW Speaker and I don't recall either brand offering the halo ring as an option.

Reactions: Chris
Please no halo rings... They make me cringe anytime I see them on a Jeep :p

I realize the stock lights are not good, but I can never imagine a scenario where I have $500 in hand and buy headlights. Not gonna happen.

I realize the stock lights are not good, but I can never imagine a scenario where I have $500 in hand and buy headlights. Not gonna happen.

That's too much to spend. You can get the Truck Lites for $320 for the pair. Those things are pretty much as good as you can get.

I've run the Sylvania SilverStar bulbs in my other vehicles. Has anyone tried them in a Wrangler? Just thought I would ask before I go get them for mine. Don't have the money for the Truck lites.

The stock TJ headlight housings are sealed beams. You can't replace the bulbs on them without getting an entirely new headlight assembly that isn't sealed.

Yea, I found the Silver Star lights in the H6024 sealed beam. I was just wondering if anyone d tried them yet. I like the one in my truck, and yes those were just the bulbs.

Got it! I wouldn't even bother with sealed beams, but if you're on a budget then it can't hurt!