Which heater core should I get?

Oberst Oswald

Bought the Jeep 3-28-24... heater bypassed. Filled with water... its a goner. According to the Carfax the heater core has been replaced once before at 130,037 miles. Many different stores to order a heater core in New Jersey with each one having a different factory in China making one. I think, after realizing that every one is a piece of crap according to somebody, I'm going to go with NAPA (built by REACH) or Brassworks. I red many threads & watched utube on "replacing the heater core" where, being retired (71 yrs old), have the time to put a core and maybe a new evaporator in without issues. Of course, weather wise, the heater can wait but my wife & grandkids would like the A/C to work by summer. So the question... wait the two months+ and buy for big bucks from Brassworks which, hopefully, should last awhile or just get the NAPA heater & a evaporator, in a few days. Anybody have experence with the NAPA product which, at least, has the longest warrenty of 1 year or 12,000 miles or the Brassworks that I red don't give off enough heat in a NJ winter. My wife always blasts the heat during winter so it will have to have the BTU's of a volcano. She offered a few thousand, which I haven't got yet,:unsure: to buy the Jeep so I kind of got to kiss her butt somewhat. Any suggestions will be appreciated without malace.

Evidently the brassworks lacks a baffle in the tank and the water bypasses the tubes that route it through the core, rendering the part relatively useless.

I don't think we have a review of the "best" brassworks yet, but so far, everything has come up short of the OEM heater core that I have seen.

I replaced mine with a performance rad, heater core. I have had it for 2 winters, and mine puts out ample heat with my rocker holes the size of water bottles! It looks like they have gone down in price since I purchased mine.

https://shop.performanceradiator.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=8045

Do you have a thermometer that you could get the vent temps and post to this thread?
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/hvac-temps-in-a-good-working-tj-with-a-good-hvac-system.76574/

Not sure if I do, I run hot anyways, so as long as its not -20 in the cab I am good. The GF stays plenty warm, even when we are very far north in -40/-50 temps. If I have a thermometer I will for sure add my findings.

Reactions: JKP
Thanks to all for replies. I went with NAPA and ordered a heater core & evaporator. Don't know when I'll put them in maybe within a month or two.