Who doesn't use their back seat?

I remove mine for trails but generally keep it in since our oldest and her friends like riding in the jeep on occasion. One day I'll need to add a few more doors or get an LJ so I can have people AND a cooler/trail gear. @tomtaylz you selling yet? :ROFLMAO:

Took it out and bolted this to the seat bracket mounts. Plenty of room for gear but it needs an organization system as what I'm looking for is always at the bottom.

BSLb%7ExTXyg9sYhuj3kqg.jpg

I took it out after hauling a set of tires. Enjoyed the extra space and the seat found its way to storage/garage for the next 3 years. Finally sold it last year.

Hope you don't mind me asking but what did you sell it for? Mine is from my '04 and it's in great condition

I removed mine right away and it was great to have a better area for my bulldog, but now I have a daughter and had to reinstall it. I need to have her elevated a bit so she can see the Jeep trails we out on!

Reactions: Alex01
I took mine out and built a shelf to mount tools and add protection for when my top is off. I still have the seat in my shed in case I ever do need it. I have a 1500w inverter, shovel, axe, fire extinguisher mounted to it. I still have an air compressor that I need to install but I love it! I keep two bins with wheels on the bottom under the shelf with loose items like jumper cables, flares, tools and recovery gear!

9F72A091-FE25-46D7-9471-C93B141788A5.jpeg

5B232CB2-BF23-4C4C-8FF8-205A4763A6D1.jpeg

DA59D337-0E67-4460-A712-5E34AA88B42C.jpeg

Reactions: JLLJ
As soon as my Son is off to college my rear seat will start to occupy a space in the garage. Right now I need it for the occasional family drive.

Reactions: rasband
Took mine out right after I bought my TJ in early 2018. It cleaned up real nice. I was thinking I’d make a hoist for it and store it up high in my garage. I remember putting it next to the bed in my spare bedroom and telling the missus it’s only for a week or two. And her telling me she sure hopes so. Today it’s sitting in that exact spot. Makes a good place for her to keep boxes for stuff she sells on line that she needs to ship. And she keeps her carpet shampooer thingamabob on there.

Anyway right after I removed the seat from the TJ I installed a Tuffy enclosure.

I haven't had my rear seat in the jeep for probably 4 years now. I have a custom Bedslide that I use for work occasionally (how I sold it to my wife :LOL:) and recovery gear storage.
Bedslide.JPG

Reactions: glwood