Who Locks Their Doors?

I used to own an Isuzu Amigo soft-top in 1993. I was living in Delray Beach, Florida at the time. It was a holiday and my wife asked me to move the vehicles out of the driveway. I would keep the Amigo doors unlocked not wanting them to cut my top. I never kept anything too valuable that was not anchored down. What could they possibly take? When I went out to move the Amigo: my front seats were gone, stereo gone, amp that was mounted under the seat gone and my passenger tail-light all stolen...it was only a 2-seater. I remember sitting on a Home Depot 5 gallon bucket to move the vehicle. The best thing: the criminals did a clean job, nice cuts, no scratches and didn't even scratch the other vehicle in the driveway.

Today: I live in North Carolina and keep my Jeep TJ parked in the garage.

Nothing like Florida in the late 80’s, early 90’s. Today, a lot of theft still happens, especially south FL. However, that type of skill and clean getaway, wonder if it still exists today, anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mikespine
I feel this is a regional question. I lock my full and half doors because in my area the thieves are kids just going around checking doors being unlocked. Now if I lived in Miami, I would probably leave them open and nothing at all in the Jeep with a kill switch hidden. I used to live down there and the crooks are serious and if they want it they can take it. Pittsburgh is amateur hour in comparison. Most people looking for $20 to get their fix.

I lock my doors because a set of them goes for about 1200 bucks and to ensure I don't loose the habit of locking things up.