Who Locks Their Doors?

Hard top and full doors locked. Full doors and soft top, half doors and soft top unlocked. I only run my soft top once in awhile. In winter hard top and full doors, once spring arrives the hard top comes off and no matter what doors I have on I don't lock them. Most of the summer I run half doors and a safari top

I have an Instant trunk and lock the back door as I have my Viair OBA back there. I'm not even sure if the locks on the front doors work though. Inside the Jeep there's nothing worth more than the cost of a replacement window or top.

I leave mine unlocked now. I used to lock it and that simply led to thieves unzipping the rear windows to get in or slashing the soft upper windows. Though it sucks, I would rather have them steal the change in the ashtray or the spare fuses in the glovebox than cut up an expensive to replace top

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I leave it unlocked. But I don’t drive it to sketchy areas either. I don’t leave much to steal. I use a small masterlock safe thing under the passenger seat strapped to the seat for paperwork and wheel lock and occasional wallet when I go to the gym. And I don’t bother removing the faceplate from the radio. Radios are so inexpensive to buy that I kind of think those days if stealing cheap radios are behind us for the most part.

4E601DC2-6B10-45EF-AEDD-16A55F50AEBB.jpeg

Unlocked. Almost always. I dont keep anything, not even paperwork accessible to thieves. Concealed lock box under the seat, for my radio faceplate and wheel lock, which sometimes I’ll take w me if Im going to be gone long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I am stopping somewhere local, I don't lock it. If I have to go to Cleveland, I park in a lot with security and lock it.

All my locks are keyed alike - tailgate, full doors, and half doors. Soft top only - glovebox and console locked, anything that is WORTH anything is locked behind my tailgate in my Tuffy Security Deck, including my registration & insurance card. I have a Sparco "fire extinguisher" in my glovebox and a pair of decent sunglasses in the console; neither is particularly irreplaceable. Doors are "locked" to the hinges, both half and full; I run wheel locks too, including the spare...

Having grown up in New Jersey and personally known a high line car thief, I know that there is virtually NOTHING that will stop a determined thief from getting YOUR vehicle, or anything INSIDE your vehicle - PERIOD! Your goal should be to slow down the "snatch & grab" douchebags, a high line pro knows ALL the tricks for each & every vehicle he is "casing"...

Do I lock my doors? Yep - when I'm DRIVING - only because I want to lessen the odds of a door springing open in the event of a collision, and to slow down a car-jacker if I'm sitting at a traffic light. And yeah, I HAVE dealt with an attempted car-jacker back in 1976 in Harlem NY - my doors were locked and all my windows were down in my '65 Mustang. He tried to get in at a stop light - if you happen to meet an African American gentleman in Harlem with a flattened out/broken nose from having met the bidness end of the Louisville Slugger I had on the back seat, tell him I said Hi! He'd be in his '60's now, for the record; it WAS kinda funny seeing his IMMEDIATE change of heart - from "I'm-a steal this white guy's car" to "I'm-a go home and put an ice pack on this broken nose", LOL...

I don't lock my doors. As I'm running a soft top. One knife blade slices it open. And I lose everything inside and the soft top.

I do have a Tuffy security glove box though. And a security trunk. I hate how the Tuffy looks in the dash. But it's serving its purpose perfectly. I put my stereo faceplate in there. I plan to store a small amount of tools and fluids in the trunk. Not sure I'll be keeping it though. I hope to take the backseat out and make the back into storage. The trunk gets in the way of that.

When driving friends around with the doors off, whenever they are walking away from the Jeep after we get out I ask them if they locked the door. 3/4 of the time they turn around and look
Used to play that joke on my son when he was younger. Now he returns the favor.

I leave it unlocked. But I don’t drive it to sketchy areas either. I don’t leave much to steal. I use a small masterlock safe thing under the passenger seat strapped to the seat for paperwork and wheel lock and occasional wallet when I go to the gym. And I don’t bother removing the faceplate from the radio. Radios are so inexpensive to buy that I kind of think those days if stealing cheap radios are behind us for the most part.

View attachment 101435
I find your safe interesting. More pics of it and maybe a part#? Thanks

Half doors and soft top=never lock the doors. I don’t lock the glove box or console either. Only items of value would be a few emergency tools and winch controller which are cheaper to replace than a broken console or glove box. I even keep my old pair of Oakley’s hanging from the mirror and haven’t had a problem. Spare gun stays in the Tuffy vault under the drivers seat, good luck getting into that without a major production.

At least I'm not alone! Haha. Never lock it. Top down in summer and soft up in winter would rather you rummage through it and take some change than cut my top. I have so many people look and make comments because I don't lock it. 🤷🏽‍♂️