Who's excited about the Jeep Gladiator JT?

Very much less excited after my first sighting of one actually on the street. Only managed one decent photo with my phone:
View attachment 89813

The thing is just too long, too low to the ground, and very ungainly looking. It doesn't really look like a Jeep or a pickup truck. This one appears to be an entry level, no frills version.

No thanks.
Wow. . . Just Wow. . . I do not have the words to describe my thoughts.

While I dont buy into or argue hearsay :rolleyes:, I would argue that knowing how many manufacturers offer parts for the JK, I find it difficult to believe that he would ban a forum member for suggesgting a manufacture that isnt a sponsor of his forum. I imagine he woudlnt have any members on there. Of course, I am not a member of that forum and have yet to witness it first hand. I have no reason to believe you or not belive you, I dont mean that in a personal way.
Not only has he banned them, he has banned them for mentioning or discussing a recommendation via "Private" messages. Private in quotes because on his forums, they aren't. This is all very common knowledge.

Another thing that I have noticed. All the videos that you see are positive. Why? Because fiat loans them the jeep so they can get a jump start on the aftermarket mods. If anyone says something that fiat doesn't like they will never be contacted again.

Im going to wait untill real people get them and see what is being done. I personally like reviews from people who don't make a living selling parts and cars or on YouTube.

Not saying that everyone who does has motives but why would you point out real problems with a jeep truck that might cost you money.

Another thing that I have noticed. All the videos that you see are positive. Why? Because fiat loans them the jeep so they can get a jump start on the aftermarket mods. If anyone says something that fiat doesn't like they will never be contacted again.

Im going to wait untill real people get them and see what is being done. I personally like reviews from people who don't make a living selling parts and cars or on YouTube.

Not saying that everyone who does has motives but why would you point out real problems with a jeep truck that might cost you money.
I understand your thoughts and theory on this. What about when the big magazines/channels that pit new vehicles against each other? For example, the Jeep Gladiator vs the Chevy Zr2 video..in your opinion/knowledge the magazine points to the brand/manufacturer who paid the most as the winner? How does that work?

Do you have any hard evidence to back this up? Or are you just saying it to say it? Im playing devil’s advocate here is all.

This is more of common knowledge for the advertising industry. If you give a product to someone for the purpose of advertising and they say bad things you dont give them your product again.

What i would like to see is the contract that needed to be signed.

I would love to see if they put stipulations in it. They would be dumb not to.

This is more of common knowledge for the advertising industry. If you give a product to someone for the purpose of advertising and they say bad things you dont give them your product again.

What i would like to see is the contract that needed to be signed.

I would love to see if they put stipulations in it. They would be dumb not to.
IMO, the poked hole is still the test that puts one manufacturers vehicle against another. Or a SUV of the year test. Bad things are going to be said about the vehicles tested.

If your theory/common knowledge was hypothetically true, Toyota could easily write the bigger “check” and beat a 4 door Jeep Wrangler in a comparison/shootout with the 4 runner. But it never happens. I dont think it would happen. Why does this never happen?

If I, Toyota, for this example, wrote you a bigger check than Jeep did, would you not pencil whip the test in favor of my 4 runner no matter what?

Last edited:
IMO, the poked hole is still the test that puts one manufacturers vehicle against another. Or a SUV of the year test. Bad things are going to be said about the vehicles tested.

If your theory/common knowledge was hypothetically true, Toyota could easily write the bigger “check” and beat a 4 door Jeep Wrangler in a comparison/shootout. But it never happens. I dont think it would happen. Why does this never happen?

If I, Toyota, for this example, wrote you a bigger check than Jeep did, would you not pencil whip the test in my favor no matter what?

When testing truck of the year. Thoes models have been released to the general public.

My assertion if the pre release gladiators are not available to the public. You have to kiss a lot of behinds to even get the chance to test one or do a build.

For example the evo build stated that they could not cut and weld it because of restrictions. Every thing must be removed before returning it.

In one of the videos with the Chevy truck they never stated what was the better one to buy. Even when they talked about the 10k price difference. One guy said be "look how much more you get" and "its a convertible". That video just was showing the two without really pointing out what was the best choice. (Not sure if the Chevy version is available to the public)

When you do the best truck/car of the year they have been released to the public. Not only that they have set guidelines on what is looked at.

www.motortrend.com/news/how-we-determine-our-car-truck-suv-of-the-year/amp/

While i don't agree with them much. Mainly to personal bias. They atleast have standard procedures. they also have 50 million categorys (over exaggerated)

If all you see is good videos it brings up the question of how much they are not saying. No car ever made was that good. Except for the Toyota hilux. You can not kill that truck. (Sarcasm)

When testing truck of the year. Thoes models have been released to the general public.

My assertion if the pre release gladiators are not available to the public. You have to kiss a lot of behinds to even get the chance to test one or do a build.

For example the evo build stated that they could not cut and weld it because of restrictions. Every thing must be removed before returning it.

In one of the videos with the Chevy truck they never stated what was the better one to buy. Even when they talked about the 10k price difference. One guy said be "look how much more you get" and "its a convertible". That video just was showing the two without really pointing out what was the best choice. (Not sure if the Chevy version is available to the public)

When you do the best truck/car of the year they have been released to the public. Not only that they have set guidelines on what is looked at.

www.motortrend.com/news/how-we-determine-our-car-truck-suv-of-the-year/amp/

While i don't agree with them much. Mainly to personal bias. They atleast have standard procedures. they also have 50 million categorys (over exaggerated)

If all you see is good videos it brings up the question of how much they are not saying. No car ever made was that good. Except for the Toyota hilux. You can not kill that truck. (Sarcasm)
Andre with TFLT and the litebrite crew were mentioning pros and cons. It’s not all 100% in love with the JT

Reactions: Fouledplugs
You never really know how a vehicle will sell til it hits the market a while.

The JT may get a love/hate type reception.

I’ve said a lot, but at best it’s speculation.

Looking at the 4 door jk phenomena, it fit a category that Jeep never competed with really -suv. Because the smaller suv category didn’t exist . Now it owns it.

I think part of lies in the hands of the aftermarket and the vehicles potential there, that helped make the jk take off back in the early years .

Also , call it a truck or whatever , the blame thing is almost hard to define.

We are going to have to start the ugly JT of the day thread.

It has started.

53014203_2297332877208881_8456213367785308876_n.jpg

I'm not sure that's a true JT. According to a guy who works at the factory, they haven't shipped any yet. It could be a hacked up JL, probably one of those South Florida Jeeps.

Very much less excited after my first sighting of one actually on the street. Only managed one decent photo with my phone:
View attachment 89813

The thing is just too long, too low to the ground, and very ungainly looking. It doesn't really look like a Jeep or a pickup truck. This one appears to be an entry level, no frills version.

No thanks.

That guy gets around- seems like a hike to NM. Saw that same JT here in SE MI two weeks ago. I recognize the window sticker. I actually like the base version- with some 17" smoothie wheels with 285's and some TJ-style bumpers, I would drive it for sure.