Who's had luck finding a Mopar radiator?

I have a similar problem.
Only time I have issues is when I am not moving and and idling when everything is hot.
Just ordered new Mopar Radiator from we are Mopar 488$ including shipment.
I'd be blaming that problem on the fan clutch, not the radiator, if the fan shroud is fully intact and installed.

I'd be blaming that problem on the fan clutch, not the radiator, if the fan shroud is fully intact and installed.

Hi Jerry, I am running the Hayden 2771, I think as a fan clutch. It is a year old, with like 4K miles driven.
The problem is that I have Autozone radiator, which I believe that does not cool properly.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Sounds like an air flow issue to me. Radiator issues typically present as running hot at speed.

I never got hot on highway. Usually it is under 210F, I have the electronic gauge from OBD to report precise number.
Last time I drove on highway here in Texas 83MPH with AC, was like almost 3K RPM with air ambient of 100F, it was still under 210F

Hi Jerry, I am running the Hayden 2771, I think as a fan clutch. It is a year old, with like 4K miles driven.
The problem is that I have Autozone radiator, which I believe that does not cool properly.
I'd replace that with a Mopar too. Do double check the fan clutch and verify the shroud condition too first.

Everything you described screams air flow and not radiator. Insufficient radiator capacity will show up at speed / higher RPM not at idle.

I have a shroud. Could be small holes on the side of it, where it mates with the radiator, but nothing more than that.
I will put some duct tape and retry, let see what I get.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
What do you think of Hayden 2771 clutch? Is it as good as Mopar or I should get a Mopar one?
Hayden is a good brand but get both it and the engine good and hot. Then shut the engine off and immediately try spinning the fan with your hand. It should be very stiff and hard to rotate by hand. If its not stiff and hard to turn the fan clutch is bad.

Reactions: TexasTJ2004
I never got hot on highway. Usually it is under 210F, I have the electronic gauge from OBD to report precise number.
Last time I drove on highway here in Texas 83MPH with AC, was like almost 3K RPM with air ambient of 100F, it was still under 210F

I was slightly hotter than normal recently and found that I had some rust in my cooling system (two year old Mopar parts).

Idle with AC on was 222* and I also saw 220* doing 80 mph on the highway. I knew something was up.

I replaced the Mopar thermostat that had slight corrosion (probably didn’t need to) when I flushed and back flushed the heater core and radiator. I also drained the block multiple times.

I did a prestone flush to remove scale and then did a brief thermocure flush before driving up to PHX. I wanted to improve things before spending a week up here, and I’m glad I did.

It was high 90s during my drive and my coolant was mostly 203-206* but did touch 210* briefly going 80 mph. This is all with boost running my IATs to around 190-230*.

The ambient temps are outrageous in PHX right now, but my cooling system is holding up well. My ambient gauge said it’s 121*outside and my cooling in idle with the AC on held 213-215*.

Generally speaking, I look at fluid quality, thermostat, and fan clutch before other items if I’m running hot in idle.

For overheating issues at higher speeds, I look to the radiator (inside and out) and coolant quality before looking at other items.

Last edited: