Who's replaced their PCM?

Blkout

Looking to see who has replaced there pcm. What company did you use and have you has any problems with the new/rebuilt pcm....and how long have you had it. I will be buying a pcm for my tj next month if funds permit. Thanks:)

Reactions: S Spurrier
Thanks, I posted a similar post before and decided to go with wrangler fix after looking on the net and digging into the forum a bit. I have the manual rubicon so the wrangler fix is over $1100 (ouch!!!) for the pcm. Just wanting first hand knowledge before I buy. Thanks...and please...keep sharing your experience.

Reactions: S Spurrier
I'm sure you already went through your diagnostics, but figured I may as well share to maybe save you some money.

I thought my PCM was bad (manual 06) and was close to buying one from WranglerFix. Before doing it, I really wanted to be 100% sure, so I pulled wiring, traced everything, redid the grounds, etc - still issues. However as I kept going I ended up being able to start triggering the issues by playing with the PCM connectors and their cables, which lead me to believe it wasn't actually bad but just not making the contact it should. This was the proof of concept to test whether or not I was right - basically a simple brace for the connectors. I also filed down the stem of the connector where the wires come out a little so I could better secure the wires there as well.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/overlanding-2006-rubicon-unlimited-lj.14166/page-24#post-629133

Thanks...my Problem is for all 4 02 sensors Heater codes. I cleaned up all my grounds and read that the o2 sensor grounds for the 06 are in the pcm. I have not checked the wiring or harness. Jeep runs great...166xxx....just engine light with codes. I will look into the wiring...before I buy pcm. 😊

Reactions: rasband
I got a @Wranglerfix PCM for my 2006 automatic a year ago and installed on 9 August 2019. I was having the hard 1-2 shift that the '05-'06 42RLE automatics are known for. As of today, I have 4,904 miles on it with no problems.

Thanks...my Problem is for all 4 02 sensors Heater codes. I cleaned up all my grounds and read that the o2 sensor grounds for the 06 are in the pcm. I have not checked the wiring or harness. Jeep runs great...166xxx....just engine light with codes. I will look into the wiring...before I buy pcm. 😊
Is this for a 4.0L? My prints for a 2006 4.0L show that all of the O2’s share grounding location G105 which is on the right rear of the engine to the left of the oil filter.

Those are the symptoms I had. mrblaine's helper is a retired CDJ mechanic specializing in electrical. He used his DRBIII to diagnose the failing original PCM and program my new PCM.