Why are so many oppose to putting a jack on the hood?

lol, I don't want to stir anything up but decided to revive an old thread!? I see no reason for these, case in point. I'd take a bottle jack 11 out of 10 times unless I need a useless weight.

I love seeing all the stock 4runners and jeeps with these with no where to actually use them...

• Haha
Reactions: jjvw
Ok, so I left out the part where the retention clip was broken…. I still won’t put it or a new one back on lol. I’d rather not receive 50k emails letting me know that someone else thinks my opinion is wrong.
Tuck it in the spring on the bottom of your hood & your wrong opinions will disappear
lol, I don't want to stir anything up but decided to revive an old thread!? I see no reason for these, case in point. I'd take a bottle jack 11 out of 10 times unless I need a useless weight.

I love seeing all the stock 4runners and jeeps with these with no where to actually use them...
200.gif

Ok, so I left out the part where the retention clip was broken…. I still won’t put it or a new one back on lol. I’d rather not receive 50k emails letting me know that someone else thinks my opinion is wrong.
Then turn the email option off of your preferences bc you already stirred the pot and we get to have our opinions too. It’s wrong not to have a retention clip and it’s wrong to mount a hijack lift on the hood. Ask me how I know.

It’s wrong not to have a retention clip
I’ve been missing a retention clip since I bought this money pit, I tuck my prop in the hood spring & love my life. How dare you sir!

I have 3 ,

One doesn’t work, 2 are brand new ....I recently purchased them to lift and level a deck that fell during construction....I was amazed at how good they were for that application.

They really make me nervous when used around a vehicle exactly like the old bumper jacks of the 60’s. Not jack shaming anyone, just please be careful.
Things can go bad faster than you expect.

I have 3 ,

One doesn’t work, 2 are brand new ....I recently purchased them to lift and level a deck that fell during construction....I was amazed at how good they were for that application.

They really make me nervous when used around a vehicle exactly like the old bumper jacks of the 60’s. Not jack shaming anyone, just please be careful.
Things can go bad faster than you expect.
I’ve used mine to level a deck, my workshop, and to get my neighbor out of a sticky situation where he tripodded his bimmer on jack stands & couldn’t get it back down. The latter incident was the sketchiest.

This thread has me thinkin' about doin' the factory prop rod delete mod. What length broom handle do y'all recommend?- I'm thinking it should be satisfactory to support the hood, yet have a really pointy end for short-range defense or as a throwing weapon. Would the TJ community at-large encourage or shun mounting a multi-function broom handle on the hood? So confused.

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
This thread has me thinkin' about doin' the factory prop rod delete mod. What length broom handle do y'all recommend?- I'm thinking it should be satisfactory to support the hood, yet have a really pointy end for short-range defense or as a throwing weapon. Would the TJ community at-large encourage or shun mounting a multi-function broom handle on the hood? So confused.
We will bring it up at the summer round table. The agenda is already pretty full. A good selling point would be “ hey honey, now we have my TJ and your transportation along with us......”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DEValken
Everyone sporting a Dana 35 with a locker and 35s needs to have a hi-lift on the hood is the way I understand it!

They will be glad they made all the right choices in a jack.

Dana 35-hiLift.jpeg