Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I finished the frame and other items that needed to be painted this morning.

20220611_110718.jpg

20220611_110727.jpg

All primered and ready for black frame paint.

20220611_110735.jpg

Did the back of the bumpers and sliders.

20220611_110805.jpg

20220611_110758.jpg
e

My sister had called yesterday asking if I was busy this weekend. So I told her no why? My BIL has a deer feeder behind their cabin near Omak. And a bear had gotten into the feeder again and chewed up the motor on it. So he wanted to build a bear proof feeder stand. Being the nice guy I am I was like sure I'll help him out. So he'd arrived just as I was finished with the painting.
Then my plasma cutter broke so had to cut the tubing with a angle grinder and chop saw. It's 2x4" tube 20' long with 6' going into the ground. Has a hand winch on it and I'd plated the joints.

20220611_181309.jpg

20220611_181327.jpg

It was a bitch putting it back on the trailer. First time I'd used flux-core with the new welder.

Now it's time to move onto sanding all these parts and spraying color. A big shout out to @Farmergreg for suggesting that I get the disposable paint cups for the paint. IMO this was a big game changer in helping me to get this done. I used the last of the gallon of primer I had also today. Not sure if I'll get any painting done tomorrow and Monday I've got to go to the westside so it'll probably be Tuesday or Wednesday before I start on that. I've got a cheat sheet of painting tips that @Alex01 gave me to use. Getting closer to putting this thing all back together.

I finished the frame and other items that needed to be painted this morning.

View attachment 336492

View attachment 336493

All primered and ready for black frame paint.

View attachment 336494

Did the back of the bumpers and sliders.

View attachment 336496

View attachment 336495e

My sister had called yesterday asking if I was busy this weekend. So I told her no why? My BIL has a deer feeder behind their cabin near Omak. And a bear had gotten into the feeder again and chewed up the motor on it. So he wanted to build a bear proof feeder stand. Being the nice guy I am I was like sure I'll help him out. So he'd arrived just as I was finished with the painting.
Then my plasma cutter broke so had to cut the tubing with a angle grinder and chop saw. It's 2x4" tube 20' long with 6' going into the ground. Has a hand winch on it and I'd plated the joints.

View attachment 336522

View attachment 336523

It was a bitch putting it back on the trailer. First time I'd used flux-core with the new welder.

Did you switch polarity with the flux-core wire?

I believe you are supposed to. This is looking so good Rick. You’ve really taken to painting with the gun. It’s gonna be awesome!

Reactions: Wildman
why did you go?

It’s been very quiet 🤫 over here.

As I'd posted I screwed up my leg. I needed to get some yard work done one day and so I was out weed wacking my yard and when I'm being really active my leg will change in size. Instead of stopping and coming inside and changing socks I kept working. Well I bruised my leg. But then when I'd noticed it I should have been smart and taken a day or two off to let it heal I decided to be macho and just power thru it. DUMBASS....

This was the day after I'd done my yard work. Doesn't look REAL bad right?

20220610_193753.jpg

20220610_1937450001.jpg

But then I said I'd do the work on my BIL Bear proof deer stand feeder and other things and this is what it looked like last Wednesday.

20220619_111810.jpg

20220619_111828.jpg

20220619_111922.jpg

It's almost all healed up now since I've only been wearing my socket to get around the house. So I'm going to take it easy tomorrow and straighten up the garage. Then Saturday I've got to install a new catalytic converter on the daughters car and by Sunday fingers crossed I'll b back working on the Jeep.

But then Monday I'm heading over to the wetside to pickup my new tow rig/home on wheels so I'll be gone for a few days.

1656049035657.png

So hopefully by next Thursday I will be home and ready and able to attack the rest of the painting. Then it's time to start reassembling things and slowly get the Jeep ready to be started.

Keep some money set aside for that 6.4 😉 great looking camper though

Yep it's not my first choice of engines either but they only made them on the 6.0 & 6.4 trucks. It's only got 26K miles on it and had the EGR & DPF deleted already so I'm hoping I can get some miles out of it before it decides to blow. Of course I'm a glutton for punishment too so it's fitting.

Yep it's not my first choice of engines either but they only made them on the 6.0 & 6.4 trucks. It's only got 26K miles on it and had the EGR & DPF deleted already so I'm hoping I can get some miles out of it before it decides to blow. Of course I'm a glutton for punishment too so it's fitting.

One of my good friends is a diesel tech and swears by a fully deleted 6.4 motor. As for myself, I’m far too poor to be gambling like that 😂

One of my good friends is a diesel tech and swears by a fully deleted 6.4 motor. As for myself, I’m far too poor to be gambling like that 😂

The fact that it was deleted was one of the reasons I decided to take a chance. And the super low miles.
I'll put a couple hundred away a month towards a engine swap. A Fummins conversion might be my choice or a built 6.4 but I'm crossing my fingers I won't ever need it.

The fact that it was deleted was one of the reasons I decided to take a chance. And the super low miles.
I'll put a couple hundred away a month towards a engine swap. A Fummins conversion might be my choice or a built 6.4 but I'm crossing my fingers I won't ever need it.

I honestly don't know any 6.4 owners so maybe it's not as scary as the legends. I'm a 6ohno owner and my experience there plus a SECOND TURBO would make me run haha. Did you get it for a great deal considering the motor? Looks like a dope motorhome toy hauler besides the powerplant.