Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

he’s saying don’t spend time installing things that might have to come back off, to fix any issues you might have functionally, until you have proven to yourself that the functionality is good.

The engine was the main functionality item that I was worried about. The rear corner armor & sliders aren't going to be in the way of anything & IMO to get some of the wiring done these things need to be installed prior to installing parts.

Its a perpetual project. He doesn't want it driving!

My 70 k20 spent a decade at that status

Couldn't disagree more. This project has stalled for many things & some beyond my control. I want it running so I can go wheeling.

I wouldn't say he doesn't want it driving!
Keep on keeping on @Wildman , it'll get done. We're all giddy with anticipation.

Thanks Greg. It's definitely taking longer than I planned or expected but it'll get done.

I'd never seen the Baja Pro XS & Pro X side by side before. XS on the left & X on the right.

_nc_ohc=iu2tI6StHJAAX9VyjDw&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Have you read the air down thread? ;)

I air down to 24 PSI all the time from 42 PSI... Those tires should ride really nice at those pressures.

Just teasing a fellow mod collector. You have to admit that doing the work is its own reward in some cases!

I do enjoy tinkering on it but I'd really like it to stop fighting me and let me get it drivable. Then I can tinker on odds & ends all I want while I wheel it too.
But I've got two other toys to play with also other than the Jeep.

Reactions: reddvltj
We have a guy who wheels with us occasionally. Runs 43” iroks at 35 psi on the highway, he thinks 22psi is good for snow. Man you should hear his engine sing in the snow.

I've known people like that.

Way back when I was still learning I thought air down to 15PSI was a LOT. Then had someone show me that I could go a lot lower with most tires.

Other than Boggers on steel wheels...

I popped the bead 3 times this weekend. 1st time I was @ 10 PSI so we bumped it up to 12 PSI then popped another bead so we bumped it up to 14 PSI and still popped a bead. Got some of that bead glue after that..

MVC-194F.JPG

MVC-195F.JPG

Nothing exciting other than worked on the wiring today. Still trying to work out how I want to route everything but coming along.
Then I get a phone call from my sister asking how busy I was. Of course I knew something was up & so asked her to get to the bottomline. Well my nieces truck had broken down and she needs it for work so she wanted to know if I could come over and work on it.
From what I can gather and the video I was sent I think the water pump bearing has gone out. The fan is wobbling and had chewed up the belt & you can hear the fan blades hitting the shroud. So I'm heading over to Snohomish tomorrow morning & will be back home NLT Tuesday since I've got a doctor's appointment on Tuesday.

Yesterday I had my club meeting in Yakima so I swung by Harbor Freight and used a 25% off coupon I had that expired today. They had a new shop stool/chair that I had wanted for a while. It's normally a $100 but with the coupon I got $25 off so I bought one.

20230303_123051.jpg

Nothing exciting other than worked on the wiring today. Still trying to work out how I want to route everything but coming along.
Then I get a phone call from my sister asking how busy I was. Of course I knew something was up & so asked her to get to the bottomline. Well my nieces truck had broken down and she needs it for work so she wanted to know if I could come over and work on it.
From what I can gather and the video I was sent I think the water pump bearing has gone out. The fan is wobbling and had chewed up the belt & you can hear the fan blades hitting the shroud. So I'm heading over to Snohomish tomorrow morning & will be back home NLT Tuesday since I've got a doctor's appointment on Tuesday.

Yesterday I had my club meeting in Yakima so I swung by Harbor Freight and used a 25% off coupon I had that expired today. They had a new shop stool/chair that I had wanted for a while. It's normally a $100 but with the coupon I got $25 off so I bought one.

View attachment 404760

Don't get too comfortable in that chair. You got work to do.

Just got home from my sisters house after repairing my nieces Chevy Colorado. It's a nice little pickup that she's bought from her brother a while ago. So no one else in the family is a mechanic so I'm always called when stuff breaks. My niece was going to try and replace the water pump herself but my sister & BIL were like do you have time to come over as we'd feel better if you were here.

So our FIRST hurdle was trying to get the fan clutch off the water pump. We tried and tried and tried but couldn't get it off. Now I'd read a few How To write ups & watched a few YT videos to see how to replace it and they all said that it had reverse threads. So I ran into NAPA and bought a fan clutch toolset. Still couldn't get it the damn thing odd. So we got the pump off the engine but there wasn't enough room to pull it with the fan & clutch on the water pump. So finally we got out the power tools & just cut the fan clutch off. So now we had to go get a fan clutch & of course none of the local places had one. Ran up to Sulton to get it. Get back and start installing everything & go to install the new serpentine belt & NAPA had given us the wrong one. So had to run back into Monroe to get the correct one.
So finally around 6 PM last night we got it all back together and running. When the bearing had gone bad the belt got so hot that all the grooves in the pulley's had old belt melted into them. So we'd had to use a screwdriver to clean them out.