Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Found one.....

20230609_132425.jpg

Used the label maker to make flag labels for the air lines going into the AiRock control box. Makes life easier when I have to disconnect the lines.

20230609_132953.jpg

Nice! Was it somewhere stupid?

When I lose my shit in the garage I always find in the dumbest little places. Once when I was messing with my roof rack rails I left a tool on the tracks for the garage since I was standing on the tire. That was frustrating lol

Actually this time it was put away in the box with the spare parts for the AiRock. I'd bought a whole used kit a while back.

AiRock is plumbed and hooked up.

20230609_140333.jpg

20230609_140351.jpg

Future Rick is going to really appreciate that.

My daughter would kill me if I ever sold this Jeep....
She's had her 👀 on it since she was old enough to drive it.

Next is to get the York hooked up and figure out where I'm going to mount the distribution block. I've got a bit more to my OBA system than others. And I've got to run the air lines up to the gauges also.

Do you need one gallon of compressed air or one gallon by volume of incompressible liquid? One gallon of air at 110 psi could be a very small container

If I remember correctly it's a gallon of compressed air. Steve told me that he had a small tank that he now sells. I'll have to call him and see what he says.

Reactions: Alex01 and RINC
If I remember correctly it's a gallon of compressed air. Steve told me that he had a small tank that he now sells. I'll have to call him and see what he says.

On thier website I believe it recommentds at least a 1 gallon air tank for the swaylock, and shows a little 1 or 2 gallon tank similar to the one you posted a few posts back just a little longer for the suspension.

Last edited:
On thier website I believe it recommentds at least a 1 gallon air tank for the swaylock, and shows a little 1 or 2 gallon tank similar to the one you posted a few posts back just a little longer for the suspension.

Here's the ORO tank. 4" diameter and 14" long.

AK-TK1.jpg

In that case present Rick better watch his back once its all done 🤣

She figures she'll wait until she puts me into an Old Soldiers Home....

Then she'll have the Jeep plus a trailer to haul it with and all the other goodies.

Plus she has to keep me around long enough to teach her how to use everything on the Jeep.

My son has called dibs on the motorhome... It's nice to be LOVED.

Used the label maker to make flag labels for the air lines going into the AiRock control box. Makes life easier when I have to disconnect the lines.

View attachment 431269
Smart.
Actually this time it was put away in the box with the spare parts for the AiRock. I'd bought a whole used kit a while back.
So...where it belongs? I lose stuff like that too. Who puts stuff where it goes?
Here's the ORO tank. 4" diameter and 14" long.

View attachment 431278

She figures she'll wait until she puts me into an Old Soldiers Home....

Then she'll have the Jeep plus a trailer to haul it with and all the other goodies.

Plus she has to keep me around long enough to teach her how to use everything on the Jeep.

My son has called dibs on the motorhome... It's nice to be LOVED.

Thinking your stuff is cool = thinking you're cool.

I didn't know the swayloc required air!

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj

That isn't usually said concerning me.

So...where it belongs? I lose stuff like that too. Who puts stuff where it goes?

If you could see the mess my garage is. I do try to put stuff away but I'm terrible at it.

Thinking your stuff is cool = thinking you're cool.

Only the stuff they think is cool

I didn't know the swayloc required air!

You can either use the manual latch or a air cylinder to unlock it.

If you buy the new compressor from ORO they include 10oz of oil for it and include a syringe to fill it with.

20230609_145755.jpg

They also provide a dip stick for checking the level with.

20230609_150101.jpg

And something that isn't on the York you'd pull from the junkyard is a sight glass.

20230609_150118.jpg

Just some of the reasons for spending that extra money.

Ok so maybe it was more like the one I posted... just not aluminum... :ROFLMAO:

Well I'm going to wait until I get a little farther along with everything before I decide what size I'm going to install.

And then I'm back to looking for parts I've bought but can't find 😕.
I'm trying to decide if it's more productive to continue looking for the parts or running to the store and buying them again.
I'd bought the fittings I need for the York but of course can't find them now 😕.

Well I'm going to wait until I get a little farther along with everything before I decide what size I'm going to install.

I'm trying to decide if it's more productive to continue looking for the parts or running to the store and buying them again.
I'd bought the fittings I need for the York but of course can't find them now 😕.

I'm pretty sure there weren't any fittings on the one I got from you, but I'll check next time I go out side.

My conclusion when I kept wasting time finding shit was to instead invest some time into organizing and buying storage. "A place for everything, and everything in its place" doesn't work if there aren't enough places.

I'm pretty sure there weren't any fittings on the one I got from you, but I'll check next time I go out side.

These are different sizes than what was on the York I gave you. And you saw the piles of boxes I have.
Where I thought they were isn't where they are now 😕.

My conclusion when I kept wasting time finding shit was to instead invest some time into organizing and buying storage. "A place for everything, and everything in its place" doesn't work if there aren't enough places.

Says the guy whose hard top is in the yard.

Says the guy whose hard top is in the yard.

It's a fitting place for it. It's designed to be the exterior of the jeep, why would it need to be inside?

But... yes I am still figuring out storage at my new place. Trying to get it sorted before work starts on the mr2, or else it's gonna be a bunch of losing shit and being mad about it.