Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

It's a fitting place for it. It's designed to be the exterior of the jeep, why would it need to be inside?

But... yes I am still figuring out storage at my new place. Trying to get it sorted before work starts on the mr2, or else it's gonna be a bunch of losing shit and being mad about it.

Reactions: Wildman and lBasket
Found it...

20230609_173855.jpg

Now I just need to pick up a 3/8" to 1/2" reducer fitting for the intake filter.

20230609_174405.jpg

The other option is to drill the intake filter housing for the engine and run a hose to the York. But I'm more inclined to just keep it simple.

The lean sensei would say you still have too much stuff.

Haha, true. I am a little materialistic, but a lot of it is a requirement of intellectual pursuits, or long-term financial stability.. Like talking about quality jeep parts. Is it materialistic preferring expensive quality parts? A little bit. But it's motivated by building the jeep best I can, not spending the money. Or buying a 300$ vacuum vs a 50$ one. I like the expensive one. But not cos it costs more.

Haha, true. I am a little materialistic, but a lot of it is a requirement of intellectual pursuits, or long-term financial stability.. Like talking about quality jeep parts. Is it materialistic preferring expensive quality parts? A little bit. But it's motivated by building the jeep best I can, not spending the money. Or buying a 300$ vacuum vs a 50$ one. I like the expensive one. But not cos it costs more.

I'm just saying stuff you use gets a location. Stuff that you have, just because you have it, should move on down the road. That's the theory...not what I practice. I have a work shop full of shit I've bought for a one time use that I hang on to.

I'm the guy that cuts the 20' long power cord off the dead vacuum cleaner because someday I might need an extension cord...

I'm just saying stuff you use gets a location. Stuff that you have, just because you have it, should move on down the road. That's the theory...not what I practice. I have a work shop full of shit I've bought for a one time use that I hang on to.

I'm the guy that cuts the 20' long power cord off the dead vacuum cleaner because someday I might need an extension cord...

A philosophy from a different time. It's much better for my quality of life to hang on to a special tool for 5 years and use it twice, than to buy it twice.

A philosophy from a different time. It's much better for my quality of life to hang on to a special tool for 5 years and use it twice, than to buy it twice.

I’ve purchased some tools for the new build that I intend to sell when I’m done with them and if I need another I’ll buy it when I need it. Can’t store everything.

• Face Palm
  • Wow
Reactions: RINC and lBasket
I’ve purchased some tools for the new build that I intend to sell when I’m done with them and if I need another I’ll buy it when I need it. Can’t store everything.

Interesting. Having dealt with Facebook Marketplace before, the time it takes to sell something is rarely worth it for me. Unless it's a decent sum

It works pretty good.
I've used it in conjunction with tape... It was required to pass code when I was installing natural gas piping, to tape, paste, and tape each joint. Never failed a pressure test using that method.

Sometimes I'm a little jealous how some of your trade's intersect with this hobby lol

Reactions: reddvltj
Sometimes I'm a little jealous how some of your trade's intersect with this hobby lol

I learned most of what I know in the Army. Working as a generator mechanic it was both gas & diesel engines plus electrical. And when I joined we also did hydraulic stuff. So I learned a wide range of stuff.
Then thru the years I got to work on a wide range of equipment that wasn't part of my initial training. From dirt bikes to the fast attack buggies because they had a VW engine. And then a lot of other unique stuff that you'd only see in certain parts of the country.

I'm no fabricator by any measure.

I learned most of what I know in the Army. Working as a generator mechanic it was both gas & diesel engines plus electrical. And when I joined we also did hydraulic stuff. So I learned a wide range of stuff.
Then thru the years I got to work on a wide range of equipment that wasn't part of my initial training. From dirt bikes to the fast attack buggies because they had a VW engine. And then a lot of other unique stuff that you'd only see in certain parts of the country.

I'm no fabricator by any measure.

"A jack of all trades is a master of none,
but oftentimes better than a master of one."