Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Did you see @Wildman's vacation/test drive of the motorhome turning out to actually be the pick up of an engine?

View attachment 528807

...me neither! Man can keep a secret...

Now I really want to know what you did in the Army... :oops:

—-

Congrats! Looks like you have a plan ahead.

Curious how much of this new TJ engine is compatible with your previous engine plans/hardware or if you're heading a new direction from it?

I did ;)

This thread has turned into my favorite bedtime story that doesn’t end.

Skip It The Princess Bride GIF by filmeditor

Wow! Haven’t had any notifications on this thread for a while, and what an crazy turn of events!

From the head/valve spring hassles, and then a cracked block, and now a Hemi swap from a fully functional Jeep doaner vehicle! This is truly Rick’s wild ride!

But it seems like this last twist will be pretty sweet! Here’s hoping it’ll go smoothly from here on out!

Wow! Haven’t had any notifications on this thread for a while, and what an crazy turn of events!

From the head/valve spring hassles, and then a cracked block, and now a Hemi swap from a fully functional Jeep doaner vehicle! This is truly Rick’s wild ride!

But it seems like this last twist will be pretty sweet! Here’s hoping it’ll go smoothly from here on out!

You’ve proudly not seen the other thread about the jeep rick bought. It’s not fully functioning…bad transmission and questionable frame.

I think @Wildman is making a really good decision here.

His daughter’s Jeep?

The daughters TJ needs new lower control arm brackets welded on the front axle and it'd be road worthy.

The Hemi Jeep is all for parts and once I've sold off or taken off everything I need/want I'll junk it.

I did throw my code reader on the Hemi Jeep to see why the Check Engine Light was on and found most of the codes were related to the transmission or low voltage. Cleared the codes and so far the Check Engine Light is still off. I don't plan on driving it much but will see what happens.

I've got to get all the Magnum parts moved out of the garage and stored away for now then I can pull the Hemi into the garage. I've got appointments on the westside next week so most likely won't get a chance to work on things until after I get back.

Jeff's got me BEAT hands down... Heck he's got Tons & Fordees for staters & a 392 compared to my little 345....

Did some more research on what's in the Hemi TJ today and found this...

20240530_162526.jpg

Also found the A/C compressor plug in the wiring harness so if I want to add A/C back into mine it looks like the plugs are in the wiring harness already. I'm going to work on getting the garage ready to pull the Hemi TJ into it and start my disassembly of it.

I can't wait for Rick to get back on the trails. Thread does remind me of the book the stand however.

Not familiar with that book.

I did have moments & thoughts where this felt like the old 'pick your own adventure' books and Rick kept picking the page/chapter that keeps him in the dungeon battling the demon/minotaur...

Not familiar with that book.

I did have moments & thoughts where this felt like the old 'pick your own adventure' books and Rick kept picking the page/chapter that keeps him in the dungeon battling the demon/minotaur...

I think of Hee Haw & the Gloom Despair & Agony most times

But Damn It I'm gunna get this thing running & driving if it kills me..

I can't wait for Rick to get back on the trails. Thread does remind me of the book the stand however.

You and me both as far as getting back on the trails. It's been too long ago that I read the stand.